Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wireless broadband connection for a laptop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
September 14, 2005 10:50:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Hi, I have laptop and wanted to have a wireless broadband connection so I
purchased a wireless belkin router. My laptop has wireless technology and so
the shop assistant said to just purchase the router. Is it possible to set
up a network with just my laptop and router so I can have wireless internet
connection?
September 14, 2005 7:46:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

"Jaso" <Jaso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1A7E62AD-18DC-4331-9637-51342673B715@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I have laptop and wanted to have a wireless broadband connection so I
> purchased a wireless belkin router. My laptop has wireless technology and
> so
> the shop assistant said to just purchase the router. Is it possible to
> set
> up a network with just my laptop and router so I can have wireless
> internet
> connection?

no, you also require an internet service provider and some method to connect
from them to your router.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
September 14, 2005 7:46:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

I do have a broadband intenet service provider but how would I connect my
router to that service provider?
Thanks

"Dave" wrote:

>
> "Jaso" <Jaso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1A7E62AD-18DC-4331-9637-51342673B715@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I have laptop and wanted to have a wireless broadband connection so I
> > purchased a wireless belkin router. My laptop has wireless technology and
> > so
> > the shop assistant said to just purchase the router. Is it possible to
> > set
> > up a network with just my laptop and router so I can have wireless
> > internet
> > connection?
>
> no, you also require an internet service provider and some method to connect
> from them to your router.
>
>
>
September 14, 2005 8:11:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

either read the manual for the router or call the service provider and ask
them... most likely you will need to do both to get all the right setup.

"Jaso" <Jaso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C22DBF4A-117C-41A8-93C4-02B5060010AE@microsoft.com...
>I do have a broadband intenet service provider but how would I connect my
> router to that service provider?
> Thanks
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>>
>> "Jaso" <Jaso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1A7E62AD-18DC-4331-9637-51342673B715@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi, I have laptop and wanted to have a wireless broadband connection so
>> > I
>> > purchased a wireless belkin router. My laptop has wireless technology
>> > and
>> > so
>> > the shop assistant said to just purchase the router. Is it possible to
>> > set
>> > up a network with just my laptop and router so I can have wireless
>> > internet
>> > connection?
>>
>> no, you also require an internet service provider and some method to
>> connect
>> from them to your router.
>>
>>
>>
Related resources
!