Wireless broadband connection for a laptop

Hi, I have laptop and wanted to have a wireless broadband connection so I
purchased a wireless belkin router. My laptop has wireless technology and so
the shop assistant said to just purchase the router. Is it possible to set
up a network with just my laptop and router so I can have wireless internet
connection?
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless broadband connection laptop

    "Jaso" <Jaso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have laptop and wanted to have a wireless broadband connection so I
    > purchased a wireless belkin router. My laptop has wireless technology and
    > so
    > the shop assistant said to just purchase the router. Is it possible to
    > set
    > up a network with just my laptop and router so I can have wireless
    > internet
    > connection?

    no, you also require an internet service provider and some method to connect
    from them to your router.

    I do have a broadband intenet service provider but how would I connect my
    router to that service provider?
    Thanks

    "Dave" wrote:

    > "Jaso" <Jaso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I have laptop and wanted to have a wireless broadband connection so I
    > > purchased a wireless belkin router. My laptop has wireless technology and
    > > so
    > > the shop assistant said to just purchase the router. Is it possible to
    > > set
    > > up a network with just my laptop and router so I can have wireless
    > > internet
    > > connection?
    >
    > no, you also require an internet service provider and some method to connect
    > from them to your router.

    either read the manual for the router or call the service provider and ask
    them... most likely you will need to do both to get all the right setup.

    >I do have a broadband intenet service provider but how would I connect my
    > router to that service provider?
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Dave" wrote:
    >

    >> "Jaso" <Jaso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, I have laptop and wanted to have a wireless broadband connection so
    >> > purchased a wireless belkin router. My laptop has wireless technology
    >> > and
    >> > so
    >> > the shop assistant said to just purchase the router. Is it possible to
    >> > set
    >> > up a network with just my laptop and router so I can have wireless
    >> > internet
    >> > connection?
    >>
    >> no, you also require an internet service provider and some method to
    >> connect
    >> from them to your router.

Wireless Laptops Connection Broadband Routers Wireless Networking