Epson 760 Problem

Have the above printer, the colour cartridge basically gives no
output, have run 6 cleaning cycles on it. Anyway, I think it is empty,
but the printer doesn't seem to think so, and wont let me change it.

The question is - how do you force the printer to allow a colour
cartridge change?

ps. the cartridge is compatible, all the cartridges used in this
printer have been compatible

--
http://www.unimobiles.com - Norwich, UK
http://www.unimobiles.com/recycling.htm

If you do not have the manual for your printer, the Epson website offers
most of them as downloadable versions (.pdf files).

The manual should have a section about "replacing outdated cartridges".
Usually there is a series of button presses required to move the head
cartridge into position for the cartridges to be removed.
Unfortunately, Epson keeps changing the buttons and how to do it.

On some printers it is a matter of pressing and holding the two cleaning
buttons (color and black) together for about 5 seconds until the
carriage moves over, then if you want to move it further to get the
black cartridge out, you press on the black cleaning button only.

However, some printers don't have two cleaning buttons, so you need to
check your manual.

Art