Exchange 4.0/5.5 installation and replication

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 1, 2004 1:35:07 PM

Okay here is my situation.

We are an NT 4.0 network running Exchange 5.5.

We are trying to add another Exchange server to our current Exchange site
(v5.5). During the installation of Exchange 4.0 (to be upgraded to 5.5 once
installation is complete) it asks if you want to join an existing site or
create a new one. I select join an existing and type in the current Exchange
server address. It then asks to verify the site information which it pulls
up correctly. Next it asks for the admin account and password to access the
site. I enter it in and it continues with the installation. After the files
have been installed it then trys to begin the directory replication. At this
point it pops up with an internal error c1030b0d and halts the rest of the
installation.

If you try to manually start the Information Store Service it comes up with
an internal error 1067.

If you try to manually start the Message Transfer Agent it comes up with an
internal error 2104.

We did this before about two years ago and it worked fine. I cant figure
out what the problem is.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks
Brandon Sewall, SSgt, USAF
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 9:05:02 PM

Brandon,

were you ever able to get any resolution on this? I myself have just seen
the exact same error just today when trying to join an exchange 5.5 site and
I can find nothing on the web concerning the error code. If you were able to
resolve this please fill me in. I'm at a loss.

cheers

--mike

"Brandon Sewall, SSgt, USAF" wrote:

> Okay here is my situation.
>
> We are an NT 4.0 network running Exchange 5.5.
>
> We are trying to add another Exchange server to our current Exchange site
> (v5.5). During the installation of Exchange 4.0 (to be upgraded to 5.5 once
> installation is complete) it asks if you want to join an existing site or
> create a new one. I select join an existing and type in the current Exchange
> server address. It then asks to verify the site information which it pulls
> up correctly. Next it asks for the admin account and password to access the
> site. I enter it in and it continues with the installation. After the files
> have been installed it then trys to begin the directory replication. At this
> point it pops up with an internal error c1030b0d and halts the rest of the
> installation.
>
> If you try to manually start the Information Store Service it comes up with
> an internal error 1067.
>
> If you try to manually start the Message Transfer Agent it comes up with an
> internal error 2104.
>
> We did this before about two years ago and it worked fine. I cant figure
> out what the problem is.
>
> Can anyone offer any advice?
>
> Thanks
> Brandon Sewall, SSgt, USAF
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:33:12 AM

Well, I don't know much about Exchange Servers but maybe these can help:

XADM: Exchange Setup Fails Creating A New Site With Error c1030b0d
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185176

XADM: Directory Replication Fails, Event 1124 Error Displayed
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185616

XCON: Unable to Start Microsoft Exchange Server MTA: Errors 1067 and 2140
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155027

John

!