Ethernet Adapter Driver

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I've just had to re-install W2K Pro and I have an error pertaining to my
ethernet adapter driver.
Windows cannot find the correct driver. I do not know what type of adapter
I have.
How do I find out which driver to install to get the adapter working?
Do I have to open up the pc?

Thanks, Steve.

You can pop the lid and get the FCC ID number off of your nic and identify
it here.
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Steve" wrote:
| I've just had to re-install W2K Pro and I have an error pertaining to my
| ethernet adapter driver.
| Windows cannot find the correct driver. I do not know what type of
adapter
| I have.
| How do I find out which driver to install to get the adapter working?
| Do I have to open up the pc?
|
| Thanks, Steve.

You can consult manufacturer of your PC.

Is this adapter integrated on motheboard or it is on add-on card?

If it is on motheboard and it is new brand of mobo, you need to install
motheboard drivers before w2k is able to recognize your nic.