Wireless Equipment

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Hi,

I am getting high speed internet via microwave. The company is giving me a
free motorola wireless router. I want to get an access point and printer
server however I do not want to buy motorola because of the bad reviews.
Can I buy other manufactures equipment?

Thanks

If you want to replace the Motorola, you should ask the ISP. Some of the services might
not be compatible with some Entry Level Hardware.

However if the Motorola has also a wired port (RJ-45) you can connect to it any standard
Entry Level Network Hardware. http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).