Log Off Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have three people set up on my PC and we are having problems logging off
on two of the accounts.

It doesn't happen all the time - but when they try to log off or switch user
nothing happens
The PC won't switch off and has to be powered off with the on/off switch at
which point
it reboots itself normally.

Any idea's on how to fix this would be appreciated

Derek

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Derek

For shutdown/restart problems, please have a look at MVP Jim Eshelman's web
site:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Derek schrieb:

> I have three people set up on my PC and we are having problems logging off
> on two of the accounts.
>
> It doesn't happen all the time - but when they try to log off or switch user
> nothing happens
> The PC won't switch off and has to be powered off with the on/off switch at
> which point
> it reboots itself normally.
>
> Any idea's on how to fix this would be appreciated
>
> Derek

I have about the same problems here after the installation of SP2 -
logoff while another user is logged into his account (through the quick
login/logoff function) won't work anymore!

any tipps for this problem? it's more than annoying having to power off
everytime this happens!

Thanks!

regards,
--
Johannes Catterwell, | Did you ever wonder
Darmstadt, Germany | ... why you have to click