Log Off Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have three people set up on my PC and we are having problems logging off
on two of the accounts.

It doesn't happen all the time - but when they try to log off or switch user
nothing happens
The PC won't switch off and has to be powered off with the on/off switch at
which point
it reboots itself normally.

Any idea's on how to fix this would be appreciated

Derek
2 answers Last reply
More about problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi Derek

    For shutdown/restart problems, please have a look at MVP Jim Eshelman's web
    site:

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Derek" <xxxxx@xxxxx.com> wrote in message
    >I have three people set up on my PC and we are having problems logging off
    > on two of the accounts.
    >
    > It doesn't happen all the time - but when they try to log off or switch
    > user
    > nothing happens
    > The PC won't switch off and has to be powered off with the on/off switch
    > at
    > which point
    > it reboots itself normally.
    >
    > Any idea's on how to fix this would be appreciated
    >
    > Derek

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Derek schrieb:

    > I have three people set up on my PC and we are having problems logging off
    > on two of the accounts.
    >
    > It doesn't happen all the time - but when they try to log off or switch user
    > nothing happens
    > The PC won't switch off and has to be powered off with the on/off switch at
    > which point
    > it reboots itself normally.
    >
    > Any idea's on how to fix this would be appreciated
    >
    > Derek

    I have about the same problems here after the installation of SP2 -
    logoff while another user is logged into his account (through the quick
    login/logoff function) won't work anymore!

    any tipps for this problem? it's more than annoying having to power off
    everytime this happens!

    Thanks!

    regards,
    --
    Johannes Catterwell, | Did you ever wonder
    Darmstadt, Germany | ... why you have to click

Switch Microsoft Windows XP