Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an HP DeskJet 932c that was working great yesterday, but today it
will only print in pink.
I have run all the diagnosis from HP and the cartridges are 60% full.
All the settings are set to factory default.

Anyone got any ideas????

"Roger" <troubled@aol.com> wrote in message
>I have an HP DeskJet 932c that was working great yesterday, but today it will
>only print in pink.
> I have run all the diagnosis from HP and the cartridges are 60% full.
> All the settings are set to factory default.

My guess is that you have an old #78 cartridge, well beyond its shelf life.
You should print a diagnostic nozzle pattern as shown at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd07098&product=61012&dlc=en&lang=en#N1024A

If the nozzle pattern only shows magenta and no cyan then check the warranty
date as shown at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bua02014.
If the cartridge is still in warranty return it to your dealer or contact HP
for a replacement. If the cartridge is beyond the two year warranty then it is
probably a shelf life issue that can be corrected with a fresh cartridge.

When buying new cartridges look for the "install by" date on the package. I
would look for a cartridge with at least six months remaining before the
"install by" date, which would be a year remaining in the warranty.

If you need to store cartridges for an extended period of time keep them
upright as they would be on a store display. Avoid temperature extremes.

Regards,

Nozzles are likely dry , take the color cartridge out of the printer, get an
empty needle and press it into each color hole of the ink cartridge, press
air into them, in the same way as if you were putting ink in. will likely
get the ink flowing again.
"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> "Roger" <troubled@aol.com> wrote in message
> >I have an HP DeskJet 932c that was working great yesterday, but today it
will
> >only print in pink.
> > I have run all the diagnosis from HP and the cartridges are 60% full.
> > All the settings are set to factory default.
>

> My guess is that you have an old #78 cartridge, well beyond its shelf
life.
> You should print a diagnostic nozzle pattern as shown at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd07098&pro
duct=61012&dlc=en&lang=en#N1024A

> If the nozzle pattern only shows magenta and no cyan then check the
warranty
> date as shown at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bua02
014.
> If the cartridge is still in warranty return it to your dealer or contact
HP
> for a replacement. If the cartridge is beyond the two year warranty then
it is
> probably a shelf life issue that can be corrected with a fresh cartridge.
>
> When buying new cartridges look for the "install by" date on the package.
> would look for a cartridge with at least six months remaining before the
> "install by" date, which would be a year remaining in the warranty.
>
> If you need to store cartridges for an extended period of time keep them
> upright as they would be on a store display. Avoid temperature extremes.
>
> Regards,

TRENDING THREADS