How do I install SP6a and or Browser IE5.01 from CD ROM ex..

I am stuck up with the IE browser 2.0 on the NT 4.0 machine. I tried to
install the service pack 4 or SP6a to be able to upgrade the browser to IE
4.0 sp2 or IE 5.01 (this is all for the lab), but the attempt was
unsuccessful as the EXE file was not run as required and showed disk error.
(The IE browser 4.0 and above cannot be installed if SP3 is not installed.)
I then copied the EXE file from the CD-ROM to the folder on the desktop and
tried inflating the file but it didnot install correctly. Is there anyway i
can install this to work correctly?
Thanks
Sunny

You'll probably want to install SP3 as a first step.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Sunny Kaler" wrote:
|I am stuck up with the IE browser 2.0 on the NT 4.0 machine. I tried to
| install the service pack 4 or SP6a to be able to upgrade the browser to IE
| 4.0 sp2 or IE 5.01 (this is all for the lab), but the attempt was
| unsuccessful as the EXE file was not run as required and showed disk
error.
| (The IE browser 4.0 and above cannot be installed if SP3 is not
installed.)
| I then copied the EXE file from the CD-ROM to the folder on the desktop
and
| tried inflating the file but it didnot install correctly. Is there anyway
| can install this to work correctly?
| Thanks
| Sunny

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/fixes/usa/nt40/ussp3/i386/