NT won't load on laptop

Hello,

I've just been given an old laptop (Dell CPx500GT) with Windows NT SP5. I've
upgraded to SP6, but after rebooting NT it loaded the standard VGA graphics
drivers. I then re-installed the appropriate gfx drivers from Dell, but now
when I attempt to start NT, the laptop crashes when at the blue screen with
O/S type and RAM on.

Attempting to load the last known good configuration, or start NT in VGA
mode has no effect, it still crashes at the same place.

Error message is Stop: c0000263 {Driver entry point not found}

The listed driver is the recently installed Dell driver. Is there any way I
can get into NT to uninstall or disable the driver?

Thanks,
-Jack

Press the space bar during bootup to invoke "Last Known Good"

"xe77" wrote:

> Press the space bar during bootup to invoke "Last Known Good"
>

> "Jack Deacon" wrote:
>
> > Attempting to load the last known good configuration, or start NT in VGA
> > mode has no effect, it still crashes at the same place.

....I've tried that! Still no joy.

Boot into the Windows 2000 recovery console, or an MS-DOS boot disk if the
drive is formatted with FAT16.
Rename the driver filename t something like filename.sy_
Look in C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\Drivers for the file or use the DIR /s command to
find it.
If you're using hte recovery console, don't forget to quit it by typing
'exit'!