Snippet tool

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Does anybody know about the snippet tool ? Both my cousin and I have dell computers both have windows 7 64 bit yet he has the snippet tool yet I dont . I've searched through out my programs and can't find it . would any body know where it would be hiding ?

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Davcon - Thankyou so much for responding but that was one of the first things I checked and it's nowhere to be found any where in there also the tabletpc is enabled . I've pretty much searched just about every where i've stopped short of going into safe mode and running malware programs . I've went to help and support in windows and it tells me about it like it's in the computer but i see no signs of it anywhere .

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
sminal - yes i do windows7 home edition 64 bit . Just yesterday i found the snipping tool hiding in C:\windows\system32 and have since installed it . Don't ask me how it got there but there it was thank you replying though .

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
To find the snipping tools hiding place first > press the windows key & the letter R at the same time , > this will bring up the Run box . > type in " C:\windows\system32" press the ok button and voila there it was hiding in there . picked one L.H. clicked on to it and i've been snipping away ever since .....

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
can't blame you there semi retired chief . I think i would rather face navy seals training rather then the dreaded honey do list . I was handed a lot of lost pictures of my father when he was in the air force . I know he was stationed in san antonio texas and miho japan in 1952 . I also inherited quite a few pictures of different planes with no id's written on the pics. I wish i would have talked to you 2 months ago , i went half nuts trying to track these planes down and id them ....

Off topic

While I was in the Airforce, My Idea of retiring was to retire to a place where when they saw a Airplane they said LOOk up in the sky, Its superman. Hated flying. While in Vietnam, I flew on some really OLD planes like C47, Connie 119.
When I started working at Nasa (contactor) my 2nd job was flying on NASA research 707 (5 Years maintained and operated the central data colection system). Had a Bird strick and had to do an emergincy landing, Hit a Deer on on take-off which was aborted, Blew a tire on landing - We landed on ice, they had spead water on a section of the run way and let it freeze, testing runway friction. Only flight I got sick on was when we were following a C130 with smoke pod (SINK) - Believe me a rollercoaster ride would be a piece of cake compared. We were testing the wave vortex given off by a plane - testing this for how close you can follow a plane.

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
also off topic

you know while my father was here i was to young and stupid to really sit down and talk to him about his air force days . but now that he's gone and i'm older i would love to , but i missed my chance . Thankyou for sharing some of yours . I enjoyed hearing them . Write more if you get a chance . Until then keep your feet on the ground chief .....

Wow, what an interesting job that must have been. You must have a lot of fascinating stores to tell!

Yea, Got some good one from nam, but not for mixed company.
@ NASA:
5 yrs on one satellite, spent a year on/off at E. Winsor NJ, and the to the cape - did the final helath tst before lifeoff, Toke my Aunt to whate the lifeoff.
5 Years Flyin on 737 Research plane
1 1/2 on Navy F18 drop model project
Finished up on a 2nd satillite instrument, Got to go to Moscow twice, they put us up @ the Moscow country club. then to Baikonur for the final intergration on to the Russian Meteor Satillite, and a week in Italy.
Traveled more than when I was in AF.

mako4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Had a couple of friends who spent some time in nam and your right the stories are not for mixed company and i might add the faint of heart . Your extremely lucky to have done so much with your life . You mention being involved with a F18 project , have you ever been around or involved with my all time favorite fighter jet the F-14 Tomcat ?