Epson or Jettec

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Time has come to get new cartridges in my Epsom R210 (R200) and I can
either go with the original Epson, or the Jettec replacements.

The cost difference in New Zealand isn't great, but the thought of
getting a 30% ink increase with the Jettec is attractive.

Has anyone using a Epson R210 (R200)tried the Jettec cartridges? If so
what is your opinion of the printed photo quality, and did you get the
increased ink amount as advertised?

Regards,
John.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:48:37 +1300, John <john@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>Time has come to get new cartridges in my Epsom R210 (R200) and I can
>either go with the original Epson, or the Jettec replacements.
>
>The cost difference in New Zealand isn't great, but the thought of
>getting a 30% ink increase with the Jettec is attractive.

Just checked with DSE price, you save some 30%, I would think that is Great
saving, plus the extra 30% more ink..

In article puss@purrpurr.com says...
> Just checked with DSE price, you save some 30%, I would think that is Great
> saving, plus the extra 30% more ink..

Have you bought any yourself yet?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:27:43 +1300, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:48:37 +1300, John <john@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Time has come to get new cartridges in my Epsom R210 (R200) and I can
>>either go with the original Epson, or the Jettec replacements.
>>
>>The cost difference in New Zealand isn't great, but the thought of
>>getting a 30% ink increase with the Jettec is attractive.

> Just checked with DSE price, you save some 30%, I would think that is Great
> saving, plus the extra 30% more ink..

Well now you can check with these two web sites.

http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91&page=4 (this
is the web site that you have previously given for JetTec cartridges).

6 JetTec Cartridges at $18.90 each = $113.04. Delivered by snail mail
(courier extra).

https://www.consumables.co.nz/store/web/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=1334

6 Epson Cartridges total price $129.95. This includes a free 25 sheet
photo paper pack plus free courier anywhere in NZ.

Hardly a 30% saving - in fact if you take the photo paper and courier
into the sum, the Epson cartridges work out cheaper.

Now to get back to my original message - have you used the JetTec
cartridges in the R210 (R200) and if so, how did they compare with the
original Epson cartridges?

Regards,
John.

T_S

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2004

Try here:

Our cartridges are sponge-free design and provide
OEM equivalent page yield and color quality.

http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/cru_compatible_t048x20_cartridges_3673337.htm

We have converted the US dollar amounts to New Zealand Dollars below
you can perform your own conversions here:
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

6 Cartridges - 1 each Color
NZD$87.62 - That's NZD$14.60 per cartridge

5 cartridges Each Color (30 cartridges)
NZD$364.04 - Thats NZD$12.13 per cartridge

We offer a Per Package Rate Shipping (up to 20 lbs)
http://www.weink.com/ecom/shipping.htm

Starting NZD$29.23 with automatic upgrade to the
fastest shipping covered by the shipping charge. This
allows us to rush small orders, but keep shipping costs
down for heavier orders.

Newsletter subscribers currently qualify for an additional 10%
off with orders of $100.00 or more. PayPal user's currently
qualify for 15% off any order paid using PayPal.
http://www.weink.com/ecom/specials.htm

--
WeInk.com Technical Support
Toll Free Support: 1-888-825-0759
"John" <john@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:27:43 +1300, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:48:37 +1300, John <john@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>Time has come to get new cartridges in my Epsom R210 (R200) and I can
>>>either go with the original Epson, or the Jettec replacements.
>>>
>>>The cost difference in New Zealand isn't great, but the thought of
>>>getting a 30% ink increase with the Jettec is attractive.
>
>> Just checked with DSE price, you save some 30%, I would think that is
>> Great
>> saving, plus the extra 30% more ink..
>
> Well now you can check with these two web sites.
>
> http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91&page=4 (this
> is the web site that you have previously given for JetTec cartridges).
>
> 6 JetTec Cartridges at $18.90 each = $113.04. Delivered by snail mail
> (courier extra).
>
> https://www.consumables.co.nz/store/web/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=1334
>
> 6 Epson Cartridges total price $129.95. This includes a free 25 sheet
> photo paper pack plus free courier anywhere in NZ.
>
> Hardly a 30% saving - in fact if you take the photo paper and courier
> into the sum, the Epson cartridges work out cheaper.
>
> Now to get back to my original message - have you used the JetTec
> cartridges in the R210 (R200) and if so, how did they compare with the
> original Epson cartridges?
>
> Regards,
> John.

JimW