NT 4.0 sp4 and beyond

I have a Intergraph GT1 system that came with NT4.0 SP4 installed on it.
However the NT system software that came with it starts at SP1. Is there
anyway to install service packs during the installation process? I need a
4gb partition and it also has other hardware that is supported only in later
service packs. Also, does SP1 support P3-700 processors?

Calvin

Hi,

P3-700 will be no problem on NT4.0 - thats the hardware I'm running here. (Intel
440BX chipset motherboard and 512MB SDRAM - in the interests of completeness in
the story :) )

Have a read of http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au/bigdisk.htm to see how you can create
the partition layout you require. I presume you planning an 'all in one' system
and boot partition of 4GB size. You can do this, I'd recommend NTFS file system
for this 'combined' partition because a 4GB FAT16 partition is non-standard and
difficult to deal with.

Alternately, have a look at an option like that presented on the web page above
ie: Max. 2GB FAT16 system partition and a NTFS boot partition following. I think
this is a more flexible solution.

Calvin.