Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Win 2000 Pro Administrator Privileges

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 10:49:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

I hope this workgroup deals with Win 2K

I am the supervisor of the veterans computer room of the CORE program at the
VA hospital in Lyons, NJ. This program treats veterans disabled or partially
disabled by mental illness. The program encourages members to use PC's and
the Internet. Two weeks ago the hospital installed a used PC running Windows
2000 SP2 Professional. It appears that Administrator privileges were already
set. We have many serious issues with this PC. I can't do anything about
them because I don't have Administrator privileges. I know the current
Administrator user name but I don"t know the password. Is there any way I
can get Administrator privileges?
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 12:51:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Try this:

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk / CD
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

John

Sleepless in New Jersey wrote:

> I hope this workgroup deals with Win 2K
>
> I am the supervisor of the veterans computer room of the CORE program at the
> VA hospital in Lyons, NJ. This program treats veterans disabled or partially
> disabled by mental illness. The program encourages members to use PC's and
> the Internet. Two weeks ago the hospital installed a used PC running Windows
> 2000 SP2 Professional. It appears that Administrator privileges were already
> set. We have many serious issues with this PC. I can't do anything about
> them because I don't have Administrator privileges. I know the current
> Administrator user name but I don"t know the password. Is there any way I
> can get Administrator privileges?
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 12:51:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I'll give it a try.

I call myself Sleepless in New Jersey because of the trouble I'm having with
this gift horse (which always should be looked at in the mouth). Once all
this is behind me I will change my screen name to something more
conventional. Right now I don't know how to do this.

"John John" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk / CD
> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
>
> John
>
> Sleepless in New Jersey wrote:
>
> > I hope this workgroup deals with Win 2K
> >
> > I am the supervisor of the veterans computer room of the CORE program at the
> > VA hospital in Lyons, NJ. This program treats veterans disabled or partially
> > disabled by mental illness. The program encourages members to use PC's and
> > the Internet. Two weeks ago the hospital installed a used PC running Windows
> > 2000 SP2 Professional. It appears that Administrator privileges were already
> > set. We have many serious issues with this PC. I can't do anything about
> > them because I don't have Administrator privileges. I know the current
> > Administrator user name but I don"t know the password. Is there any way I
> > can get Administrator privileges?
>
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 6:24:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Hope it works. You could become "Wakeless in New York" after this.

John

Sleepless in New Jersey wrote:

> Thanks very much for your quick reply. I'll give it a try.
>
> I call myself Sleepless in New Jersey because of the trouble I'm having with
> this gift horse (which always should be looked at in the mouth). Once all
> this is behind me I will change my screen name to something more
> conventional. Right now I don't know how to do this.
>
> "John John" wrote:
>
>
>>Try this:
>>
>>Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk / CD
>>http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
>>
>>John
>>
>>Sleepless in New Jersey wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I hope this workgroup deals with Win 2K
>>>
>>>I am the supervisor of the veterans computer room of the CORE program at the
>>>VA hospital in Lyons, NJ. This program treats veterans disabled or partially
>>>disabled by mental illness. The program encourages members to use PC's and
>>>the Internet. Two weeks ago the hospital installed a used PC running Windows
>>>2000 SP2 Professional. It appears that Administrator privileges were already
>>>set. We have many serious issues with this PC. I can't do anything about
>>>them because I don't have Administrator privileges. I know the current
>>>Administrator user name but I don"t know the password. Is there any way I
>>>can get Administrator privileges?
>>
!