RIMM Memory

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A Gateway scan of my computer comes up with this:

Memory Upgrade Information
System Serial Number: 002982xxxx

Motherboard Part Number: 2517888

Type of Memory Modules (shipped): RIMM Continuity Module (C-RIMM)

I have 512 meg Rimm memory

I'm having trouble finding 1G Rimm Memory.

Do I just wait till FS10 and get a new computer and use this one as a
second computer running 2 monitors. I think I'll explain to Gabriella
that it's all I can do. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

crash

boB wrote:
> A Gateway scan of my computer comes up with this:

I'd wait for FS-10 + 6 months. Anything you buy now will be over the hill
by then...

I'm counting on at least another two years out of the two year old I'm
running on, and that'll be a record for the last decade!!

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Lawn Dart wrote:

>>Do I just wait till FS10 and get a new computer and use this one as
>>a second computer running 2 monitors. I think I'll explain to
>>Gabriella that it's all I can do. :)
>

> Well, she already seems to have accepted your incessant downloading,
> and even still loves you in spite of it, so perhaps if you can come
> up with a good enough story, you may just get away with it! :) Just
> in case, don't forget the flowers and a shiny new notebook for her!
> ;-)
>
> - --
> Melissa

Scribble Scribble Scribble Scribble Scribble
Writing all this down. Thanks
--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"CRaSH"
> I'm counting on at least another two years out of the two year old I'm
> running on

Ha!.. you just reminded me of how I cost justified the last computer upgrade
to my wife.

I used the "standard female shopping logic formula":

On Sale: You can't believe how much money I saved upgrading this computer,
it would have cost twice as much if I had paid retail!

Bartering: You remember I fixed the dishwasher... if we had called someone
to fix it... it would have cost as much as this computer upgrade.

Ahead of fashion: There will come a time when everyone will want one and
we'll already have it.

Dealing with these Venus types takes some acclamation time, but if you just
take careful notes and do what they do, you can confound them. :)

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:

> Dealing with these Venus types takes some acclamation time, but if
> you just take careful notes and do what they do, you can confound
> them. :)

Except mine takes careful notes too, and I'm running out of
"justifications"........
Anymore it's down to pure bribery: "Yes dear, you can get what ever you
want - just show me the receipts so I can have 'equal opportunity' with the
Visa"
Unfortunately, she won't accept things like a brake job and new tires on
'her' car as part of the deal..... d:-<))

RIMM is the form factor for RAMBUS memory. What you have is probably
PC800. The good news is that it's still widely available. The bad news is
that it's about US$450/GB. I wouldn't upgrade anything which uses RAMBUS
modules - too much cost for the benefit gained. Better to just wait it out
and go for a new box later.

Trip

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
>A Gateway scan of my computer comes up with this:

> Memory Upgrade Information
> System Serial Number: 002982xxxx
>
> Motherboard Part Number: 2517888
>
> Type of Memory Modules (shipped): RIMM Continuity Module (C-RIMM)
>

> I have 512 meg Rimm memory
>
> I'm having trouble finding 1G Rimm Memory.
>
> Do I just wait till FS10 and get a new computer and use this one as a
> second computer running 2 monitors. I think I'll explain to Gabriella
> that it's all I can do. :)
>

> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"CRaSH"
> Anymore it's down to pure bribery: "Yes dear, you can get what ever you
> want - just show me the receipts so I can have 'equal opportunity' with
the
> Visa"

Ohhh! I see you got a smart one and she's broken your sprit... ;-)

All us poor married types, wandering around in a collective daze like the
zombies in "Dawn of the Dead"....

"Brains!.. "

Dallas

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

CRaSH wrote:

> Dallas wrote:
>
>>Dealing with these Venus types takes some acclamation time, but if
>>you just take careful notes and do what they do, you can confound
>>them. :)
>>

> Except mine takes careful notes too, and I'm running out of
> "justifications"........
> Anymore it's down to pure bribery: "Yes dear, you can get what ever you
> want - just show me the receipts so I can have 'equal opportunity' with the
> Visa"
> Unfortunately, she won't accept things like a brake job and new tires on
> 'her' car as part of the deal..... d:-<))

<sigh> My little German -DO IT MY WAY - young wife has her way. When we
got married we bought a couple of duplex's and after a couple years we
then sold them at twice the price we paid. That plus the net rent money
we took in and selling my house in town for quite a profit to build one
here in the country left quite a sum in the bank. I don't know how she
did it, our house was built in the fall of 2000 and by 2004 we had paid
the 30 year mortgage off along with the vehicle loans and all credit
cards. She uses a credit card that gives money back for everything and
pays in full every month. We have absolutely no debt (Except -
insurance, gas and the like) I don't know how she did it, but I don't
mess with it. :) I will have to beg a bit but it has to be something
that can be paid off the next month. Do you realize how much money we
are saving with no interest payments for anything. I don't either, but
I think it's a lot!! When FS10 comes out she will not complain TOO
much. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dallas wrote:

> "boB"
>
>>We have absolutely no debt
>

> Wow.. I wonder if I can trade mine in on a German?
>

> Dalli

Ya just hafta keep trying Dalli, it took me 4 wives to find this one. :)

Gabriella lived in Stuttgart Germany (not Arkansas) and I was stationed
in Stuttgart for 3 years. But we met in Arizona, fancy that. :) So all
I can advise is.. Go to Arizona.
--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

crash

boB wrote:
> that. :) So all I can advise is.. Go to Arizona.

Well, my daughter lives in PHX, but that not withstanding - could I just
borrow Gabriella for a few years?? Pretty Pleaazzzeeeee!!! d:->))

dallas

"boB"
> Ya just hafta keep trying Dalli, it took me 4 wives to find this one. :)

Actually, I really got lucky with my first one... she's one of those types
where your buddies say, "Wow, how did *you* get that one?" :-(

Our secret was to date for 12 years before getting married.

Dalli

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

CRaSH wrote:

> boB wrote:
>
>>that. :) So all I can advise is.. Go to Arizona.
>

> Well, my daughter lives in PHX, but that not withstanding - could I just
> borrow Gabriella for a few years?? Pretty Pleaazzzeeeee!!! d:->))

Unlike the others, Gabriella is a keeper. :)

PHX, I went to some meetings there at McDonald Douglas on the Apache
Longbow. It's hot in Texas but I was returning to the hotel about 11pm
and I rolled down the window on the rental car. It was like an oven, I
closed the window and turned the AC back on.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"boB"
> PHX, I went to some meetings there at McDonald Douglas on the Apache
> Longbow. It's hot in Texas but I was returning to the hotel about 11pm
> and I rolled down the window on the rental car. It was like an oven, I
> closed the window and turned the AC back on.

"Yeah, but it's a dry heat" :)

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:

> "Yeah, but it's a dry heat" :)

You know you're in Phoenix when...
* You buy salsa by the gallon.
* Your Christmas decorations includes a half a yard of sand and l00 paper
bags.
* You think a red light is merely a suggestion.
* All of your out-of-state friends start to visit after October but clear
out come the end of April.
* You think someone driving wearing oven mitts is clever.
* Most of the restaurants in town have the first name "El" or "Los".
* You think 6 tons of crushed rock makes a beautiful yard.
* You've signed so many petitions to recall governors that you can't
remember the name of the incumbent.
* You notice your car overheating before you drive it.
* Your house is made of stucco and has a red clay tile roof.
* You can say Hohokam and people don't think you're laughing funny.
* You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
* You see more irrigation water on the street than there is in the Salt
River.
* You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.
* You can say 115 degrees without fainting.
* Every other vehicle is a 4x4.
* You can be in the snow, then drive for an hour and it will be over l00
degrees.
* Vehicles with open windows have the right-of-way in the summer.
* People break out coats when temperature drops below 70.
* You discover, in July, it only takes two fingers to drive your car.
* The pool can be warmer than you are.
* You can make sun tea instantly.
* You run your air conditioner in the middle of winter so you can use your
fireplace.
* Most homes have more firearms than people.
* Kids will ask, "What's a mosquito?"
* People with black cars or have black upholstery in their car are
automatically

assumed to be from out-of-state or nuts.
* You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of
distance.
* The AC is on your list of best friends.
* Monday Night Football starts at 7:00 instead of 6:00.
* You realize that Valley Fever isn't a disco dance.
* You can finish a Big Gulp in 10 minutes and go back for seconds.
* The water from the cold water tap is the same temperature as the hot one.
* You can (correctly) pronounce the words: "Saguaro", "Tempe", "Gila Bend",
"San Xavier",

"Canyon de Chelly", "Mogollon Rim", "Cholla", and "Ajo".
* It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is
moving on the streets.
* You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
* Sun screen is sold year round, kept at the front of the checkout counter,
a formula less than

30 spf is a joke, and you wear it just to go to Circle K.
* Some fool can market mini-misters for joggers and other fools will
actually buy them.
* Hot air balloons can't go up, because the air outside is hotter than the
air inside.
* No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car.

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:46:05 -0600

Dallas wrote:

> "Yeah, but it's a dry heat" :)

You know you're in Phoenix when...

Those were definitely very good! When I was living in Arizona, I could
often fry an egg right on the hood of the car. Just amazing! And no need
to sand blast anything. As mother nature had taken care of that. And
that's the only place I know where paint on a car is optional. And don't
forget the crack those side windows. As otherwise your windshield may
crack.

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Lawn Dart wrote:

> How anyone can live inland is a complete mystery to me, though I guess
> many people do! :)
>
> - --
> Melissa

I just heard on CNN, Janet Reno is a Kayak'r. Does she live around you
sprite? :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

SHHHSH! Everyone stay inland. The waters getting too crowded everywhere but where you are Lawn Dart!

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message news:eek:o0nk5dxsn50$.dlg@uni-berlin.de...

crash

Carl Frisk wrote:
> SHHHSH! Everyone stay inland. The waters getting too crowded
> everywhere but where you are Lawn Dart!

hehe - that's exactly what I was thinking... If I were out there, I'd be
telling all the land lubbers how great they had it, how the salt spray peels
the porcelian right off the appliances, crabs sneak into your bed and eat
your toes, killer whales scoot up on the beach and snatch children, etc.,
etc.......... In other words, DO NOT come here!! d:->))

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:39:28 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

>You know you're in Phoenix when...

And you know it's a Bank Holiday when you almost get knocked off your
bike by an inlander.

I've lived in St Annes on Sea, Ainsdale (nr Southport) and now in
Worthing. Can you spot the trend?

James

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

CRaSH wrote:

> Carl Frisk wrote:
>
>>SHHHSH! Everyone stay inland. The waters getting too crowded
>>everywhere but where you are Lawn Dart!
>

> hehe - that's exactly what I was thinking... If I were out there, I'd be
> telling all the land lubbers how great they had it, how the salt spray peels
> the porcelian right off the appliances, crabs sneak into your bed and eat
> your toes, killer whales scoot up on the beach and snatch children, etc.,
> etc.......... In other words, DO NOT come here!! d:->))

No worries there. I' staying right here in Texas, waiting for the whole
west coast to fall into the ocean and the mid Atlantic states to
submerge from Global warming. Then we'll have waterfront property.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message news:lLT1e.7224$Dz4.5569@okepread01...
> Carl Frisk wrote:
>> SHHHSH! Everyone stay inland. The waters getting too crowded
>> everywhere but where you are Lawn Dart!
>
> hehe - that's exactly what I was thinking... If I were out there, I'd be telling all the land lubbers how great they
> had it, how the salt spray peels the porcelian right off the appliances, crabs sneak into your bed and eat your toes,
> killer whales scoot up on the beach and snatch children, etc., etc.......... In other words, DO NOT come here!!
> d:->))

Don't get me wrong. We love tourists. A little A-1 sauce, salt and pepper :) Lightly turned on the spit. Gotta be
careful of the Killer Sea Gulls though, they always come around any BBQ.

TRENDING THREADS