Adding a NT Server 4.0 SP6a to a Windows 2003 domain

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.dns,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Is there any hidden tricks to accomplish this? I built a win nt 4.0 server
to use legacy apps that will not work correctly on Win 2003. I am
attempting to join this server to my win2003 domain but receive message
'Cannot find domain controller for this domain'. Is there any particular
reason for this error. I have a netgear network card and it seem to be
working correctly.

Any help will be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about adding server sp6a windows 2003 domain
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.dns,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    You'll probably need to enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP (on Windows 2003) since
    Windows NT is involved.

    --
    Regards,
    Dave

    -------------
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Pete Ocasio" wrote:
    | Is there any hidden tricks to accomplish this? I built a win nt 4.0
    server
    | to use legacy apps that will not work correctly on Win 2003. I am
    | attempting to join this server to my win2003 domain but receive message
    | 'Cannot find domain controller for this domain'. Is there any particular
    | reason for this error. I have a netgear network card and it seem to be
    | working correctly.
    |
    | Any help will be appreciated.

Domain Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Windows