MSN search

August 17, 2004 9:14:33 PM

How do I setup IE so when I type a word for search into
the address box of internet explorer and hit enter it
takes me to msn search engine?

Thanks.

More about : msn search

August 18, 2004 12:34:18 AM

Click Search > in the Search Companion box click >change internet search
behavior> then choose MSN from the list as your default search engine .
"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I setup IE so when I type a word for search into
> the address box of internet explorer and hit enter it
> takes me to msn search engine?
>
> Thanks.
August 18, 2004 4:19:20 AM

In IE click on the Search Icon and then click Custom and then Customize.
When the Customize Search Settings box opens click on the Autosearch
Settings box at the bottom and then in the box "choose a search provider for
address bar searches" find MSN. At least that's how I do it for Google.

"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How do I setup IE so when I type a word for search into
the address box of internet explorer and hit enter it
takes me to msn search engine?

Thanks.
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 3:55:03 PM

I also wanted to do so that typing a search in the URL box took me to
google, but when I choose "Search->Customize->Autosearch Settings", the only
thing on my list is MSN.

How do I get Google onto this drop-down list??

!