Removing programs from storage memory of IPAQ 2210.

a b } Memory
a b G Storage
September 4, 2004 5:51:59 PM

In the Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs option
of MS Pocket PC 2003 I am trying to remove programs
which have been uninstalled already, but they still seem
to be in the storage memory. Is there a specific way
that I can remove these programs?

TIA

Frank
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b G Storage
September 4, 2004 5:52:00 PM

Fr@nk wrote:
> In the Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs option
> of MS Pocket PC 2003 I am trying to remove programs
> which have been uninstalled already, but they still seem
> to be in the storage memory. Is there a specific way
> that I can remove these programs?

What programs are they? If they were there when you first got your iPaq
(e.g., Windows Media Player) and were not installed by you, they are in
ROM and cannot be removed.

--
- Barry as TDC Sorcerer
- Magical Manager of the Mysteriously Missing Main Street Magic Shop

"Fr@nk" <reply@newsgroup.plz> wrote in
news:p an.2004.09.04.11.51.58.578000@newsgroup.plz:

> In the Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs option
> of MS Pocket PC 2003 I am trying to remove programs
> which have been uninstalled already, but they still seem
> to be in the storage memory. Is there a specific way
> that I can remove these programs?
>
> TIA
>
> Frank

It may be the case that you mean the shortcuts to thoose programs in the
startmenu.
Wether the programs are removed can be checked with the file explorer.
Most programs are installed in the folder "program files", propably a sub
folder there.
The icons in your startmenu are located in windows/start menu. (also
controllable and to be managed through file explorer) Just long click on
the icon file involved and select "delete". That's all.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b G Storage
September 5, 2004 10:09:37 AM

"Barry L. Wallis" <KRQSAOQMNTXB@spammotel.com> wrote in message
> Fr@nk wrote:
> > In the Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs option
> > of MS Pocket PC 2003 I am trying to remove programs
> > which have been uninstalled already, but they still seem
> > to be in the storage memory. Is there a specific way
> > that I can remove these programs?
>
> What programs are they? If they were there when you first got your iPaq
> (e.g., Windows Media Player) and were not installed by you, they are in
> ROM and cannot be removed.
>
> --

But the menu item pointing to the program can be removed in these cases.
!