stocon

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
My epox 8ka n3 250 recently went kaput. I put in a sis ecs 760-gx both socket 754. I basically replaced the board and booted it up. No winxp reload, I just loaded so drivers from the ecs disk and reloaded my drivers from my ati 9550 and everything is running fine. Windows went and found stuff. My 3d mark was the same and the amd 64 2800 is running cooler, newer board? I read you have to at least reload xp, but should probably wipe the drive, too. I'm having 0 problems , I did this 2 weeks ago and have been gaming etc. Is this unheard of ? Should I be concerned with anything? I did have some problems trying to upgrade the catylist drivers and reverted to my original. Is new windows sp2 that smart thoughts please? Should I be concerned about something? tia steve

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Ya.. someone post on this cause im replacing my mobo soon too, and it would be great if i didnt have to reformat the drive, i got xp sp2 also.

baracuda73

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
you can run a utility called sysprep (comes with win xp pro) to wipe system info from registry allowing you to reinstall driver and go. I have done this many times works great.

stocon

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
You ran sysprep before you swapped boards? I didn't do that. Can I do it now and clear crap out of my regisrty? Then just reload new drivers? I cleared out some nvidia drivers from epox, it was like they had no size . Weird. Could that sysprep have come on automatically?