File sharing between wired and wireless

I have a D-Link wireless router and have connected my laptop wirelessly and
my PC and an X Box through ethernet cables. I can't seem to share files
through the wireless network. I have tried the wireless network wizard but
when I attach the USB key to my PC it says that it hasn't got a wireless
option. When I try it the other way around from my PC to laptop with the home
network wizard, it seems to work and restarts my laptop but then won't let me
access the network. Can anyone give my the straightforward instructions on
how to do this.
2 answers Last reply
More about file sharing wired wireless

    Hi
    In order to share files you need to set the sharing of each computer.
    Do it manually, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Leticia" <Leticia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a D-Link wireless router and have connected my laptop wirelessly
    and
    > my PC and an X Box through ethernet cables. I can't seem to share files
    > through the wireless network. I have tried the wireless network wizard but
    > when I attach the USB key to my PC it says that it hasn't got a wireless
    > option. When I try it the other way around from my PC to laptop with the
    home
    > network wizard, it seems to work and restarts my laptop but then won't let
    me
    > access the network. Can anyone give my the straightforward instructions on
    > how to do this.
  2. Hi leticia.

    Were you ever able to figure out how to share files between wired and wireless machines? I have the exact same problem as younoted here where I can share files on my wired network, but I can not see the shares using a wireless laptop.

    Please help!

    Thanks
    8O

Wireless Laptops Wireless Network Wireless Networking