Sign in with
Your question

Whats the easiest way to check if I have AGP!!!!???

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2006 2:56:39 AM

Whats the easiest way to check if I have AGP!!!!???

I guess id be willing to open it since its a dell and those are pretty esay to open

I was askin this question because i need a new video card For $50 with decent gaming capibilities
Thats why Im gettin a new card because my integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 doesnt work with my game, Guild Wars

Also If I have a Hi-8 camcorder, with the svideo, PC digital out, and RCA on the camcorder wat would be needed to get the video on the comp!!??
January 3, 2006 3:13:05 AM

if its dell... its AGP
January 3, 2006 3:19:12 AM

Quote:
if its dell... its AGP

Thats complete bullshit.

If it has intel onboard graphics, there will probably be no AGP slot inside.
Related resources
January 3, 2006 3:20:05 AM

alright wow.......wat to do wat to do.......
January 3, 2006 3:21:39 AM

crap then WATS THE BEST PCI GRAPHICS CARDS FOR 50$ BUCKS!!???

I hate not having AGP!!!
January 3, 2006 3:34:00 AM

Would you just look inside of your case please?

I can mail you a phillips head screwdriver if you'd like.
January 3, 2006 3:37:45 AM

Quote:

LOL.
January 3, 2006 3:38:13 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

found this SAPPHIRE Radeon 9250 256MB DDR Video Card - OEM

reviews are pretty good, espically the first one -- happy reciepient has the exact same comp( Dell Dimension 3000 ) He has integrated Video just like i do

Really really bare (only comes with driver and hardware )

60$
January 3, 2006 3:39:43 AM

Open your fucking case.
January 3, 2006 3:43:06 AM

Or at least check in device manager to see what kind of bus you have.
Pretty difficult in my experiences to change the vid card anyway without opening the case...
January 3, 2006 3:46:42 AM

guys.....come on....its not like im spending days days on this ...its been about 3o mins and plus i think i figured it out i have no agp slot

but any way if you go to the link......how is the best way to install that kind of card with integrated video links anyone?
January 3, 2006 3:50:52 AM

Guys i dont think yall GET IT i know i dont have one!!!!

And plus its not my comp, its my friends.......and its at his house...I ve just been speaking in such a way so that it sounded like mine....sorry ive been lying all this time
January 3, 2006 3:52:13 AM

Quote:
Open your fucking case.

God damn it i dont have an AGP
January 3, 2006 3:55:39 AM

man im gonna get served on a silver platter if i find out my friends comp does have a agp but im 99% sure he doesnt have one
January 3, 2006 3:56:48 AM

Quote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

found this SAPPHIRE Radeon 9250 256MB DDR Video Card - OEM

reviews are pretty good, espically the first one -- happy reciepient has the exact same comp( Dell Dimension 3000 ) He has integrated Video just like i do

Really really bare (only comes with driver and hardware )

60$

back on the subject.......
January 3, 2006 3:56:55 AM

maybe its ISA
January 3, 2006 3:59:08 AM

Hello,

Better open your case. Some mobos have AGP with onboard and some have no AGP.

I also notice certain mobos with AGP and integrated video, the RAM slots are positioned lower and may get in the way of longer AGP cards.

Save your time, get a AMD 939 mobo and a PCI-E cards. This way you can update your video cards as PCI-E won't change any time soon.
January 3, 2006 4:00:45 AM

he bought it like 4 months ago
January 3, 2006 4:03:56 AM

Well i dont know about that Ceicel because the review on newegg sounded like the guy had the exact same comp...............ingegrated intel graphics, Dimension 3000, no AGP slot........and he had to go with the PCI slot
January 3, 2006 4:04:53 AM

ok ill open it as soon as i can and report back here
January 3, 2006 4:27:57 AM

man it's not open heart fuckin' surgury . . . open and look and then you'll know. it'll look different then all the other slots . . it sits farther backand it's on top of all the other slots. don't be a souche get a screw driver and open the fuckin thing you'll have to do it anyway to install a new card!
January 3, 2006 4:56:18 AM

Quote:
Open your fucking case.

I concur

but as I recall the Dim. 3k doesn't have AGP, neither does the Dim 2400, but you should still just open the case instead of reposting like 8 times in a row to bitch back instead of standing up and opening the case...also, you should take any free screwdrivers you can get :lol: 

as to the video thing, you need a video input :roll: such as a video capture card or USB video capture device
January 3, 2006 5:01:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:
..also, you should take any free screwdrivers you can get :lol: 

:wink:
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2006 7:43:07 AM

Quote:
maybe its ISA

LOL!

Love it. I actually worked on an friend's ISA equipped HP computer last summer (added an old Creative Labs sound card to it) I told her I could GIVE her one of my old computers, and she said she liked this one and didn't want to mess with anything new (this thing runs on W95 because 98SE caused slowdows! :lol:  )

Anywhoo I agree with GW, cause you're right, he could need one of these.... :lol: 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-VGA-1024-ISA-1-Meg-Video-Card-VGA-Wonder_W0QQitemZ8742965126QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

January 3, 2006 7:54:59 AM

man, you to check the model of your mobo, then go to their site to download the specs. and thats it.
January 3, 2006 7:59:59 AM

IGP (Integrated Graphics Port) doesn't mean you don't have an AGP slot. Just means it's piping the video signals through the onboard graphics. Had a friend's computer to repair and said it wouldn't boot anymore. Opened it up and found out the onboard graphic which was an ATi Rage Pro chipset wouldn't work anymore. Tried a Matrox Millenium PCI card and voila, I now have an Auxilliary PC. He didn't want it anymore.

You can of course check the mobo through the Device Manager but if it's disabled in BIOS you won't see it there.

You don't look under the hood of a BMW to see what kind of engine it has inside? You believe naturally that it has a 1.8 liter engine because of the badge stamped on it's trunk lid? You're a very trustung fellow.
January 3, 2006 7:32:22 PM

Quote:
man it's not open heart fuckin' surgury . . . open and look and then you'll know. it'll look different then all the other slots . . it sits farther backand it's on top of all the other slots. don't be a souche get a screw driver and open the fuckin thing you'll have to do it anyway to install a new card!

first, i know enough to know wat a AGP Slot is

Wow good job........apparently you didnt read my post about ME NOT HAVING MY FRIENDS COMP WITH ME!!!!

I CANT LOOK TO SEE IF I DONT HAVE IT

well its been a day and i have gone to his house checked it

THERE IS NO AGP SLOT
January 3, 2006 7:45:26 PM

:roll: so is there a PCIe slot?
January 3, 2006 7:46:02 PM

Or a PCIx slot, or only PCI slots?
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2006 5:23:41 AM

Quote:
Or a PCIx slot, or only PCI slots?

Well PCI would still be better than PCI-X because the only PCI-X card is Matrox's mid-range, and liklely even the R9000/9200 and FX5200/5600/5700 would all beat the heck out of that in games.

PErsonally I'd say it's not even worth buying a PCI card, canabalize the parts and build a better PC even with integrated GMA950/Xpress200/GF6100 graphics, which likely outperforms those PCI cards for the same amount of money or less.

Those PCI cards truely suck compared to the latest top integrated solutions.
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2006 1:11:40 PM

Quote:

ROFL, glad you are back. :lol: 
January 6, 2006 3:51:44 AM

Quote:

ROFL, glad you are back. :lol: 
January 6, 2006 5:56:16 AM

Related side note:

I was amazed to discover that a cheap WalMart eMachines computer with onboard MB graphics had an AGP slot making an upgrade easy. I can't believe that a el-cheap-o eMachines would have an AGP slot but a Dell wouldn't. I guess that tells you something about Dell.
January 6, 2006 10:07:09 AM

Quote:
Related side note:

I was amazed to discover that a cheap WalMart eMachines computer with onboard MB graphics had an AGP slot making an upgrade easy. I can't believe that a el-cheap-o eMachines would have an AGP slot but a Dell wouldn't. I guess that tells you something about Dell.

lol and dell uses cheap everything, i h8 dell lures you in with cheap prices then you select the hardware you seen in the advert and its an extra 800. pile of crap.
January 6, 2006 11:39:38 AM

but ya gotta love the soft(drag/spy)ware they preinstall crippling the PC before you get a chance too, and every Dell user uses AOL, right!
January 6, 2006 12:04:38 PM

go to start>run and type dxdiag. then on the display tab if it shows agp enabled it's obviously on your motherboard. if it's not it's still possible you have it, but it might just not be enabled. an other option is to open the fucking case and check with your eyes...litle tip, google pictures from an agp-slot
January 6, 2006 1:32:55 PM

I dont want to sound rude but if you had to ask that question...
!