Canon BJC6200 Waste Ink error

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi
I have a Canon BJC 6200. It's blinking 6 x orange and 1 x green et
doesn't want to print. I found a first explain : waste Ink error
(http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/canon/bj/bjc6200.htm)

I've replace the waste (sponges). impossible to reset the error :
Waste Reset
1: Power off printer
2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once.
3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
4: Press RESUME twice then release BOTH POWER and RESUME buttons
5: When the indicator lights becomes steady, press RESUME three(3)
times. The indicator should be ORANGE.
6: Press Power to set data

No beep at the second item !
1 : OK
2 : the LED is Green
3 : id
4 : the LED is orange (1st PRESS), then gren (2nd PRESS)
5 : the LED is blinkind 6 x orange and 1 green (no action when i press
RESUME)
6 : the printer power OFF

Anyone got any ideas?

--
armorix
Fr :retier vos _moufles_ pour m'écrire

    "Greg" <armorix_moufles@moufles_ifrance.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have a Canon BJC 6200. It's blinking 6 x orange and 1 x green et
    > doesn't want to print. I found a first explain : waste Ink error
    > (http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/canon/bj/bjc6200.htm)
    >
    > I've replace the waste (sponges). impossible to reset the error :
    > Waste Reset
    > 1: Power off printer
    > 2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound
    once.
    > 3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
    > 4: Press RESUME twice then release BOTH POWER and RESUME buttons
    > 5: When the indicator lights becomes steady, press RESUME three(3)
    > times. The indicator should be ORANGE.
    > 6: Press Power to set data
    >
    > No beep at the second item !
    > 1 : OK
    > 2 : the LED is Green
    > 3 : id
    > 4 : the LED is orange (1st PRESS), then gren (2nd PRESS)
    > 5 : the LED is blinkind 6 x orange and 1 green (no action when i press
    > RESUME)
    > 6 : the printer power OFF
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    Nothing I can suggest except to buy new cartridges and help inflate this
    greedy companies profits.

    You don't have a waste ink tank full (that is another headache which will
    come your way soon enough). Six yellow flashes means you have a printer
    which won't recognise its own cartridges.

    As it happens, I've currently got the exact same problem (which is how I
    came to find your post tonight). Like you, I also found the post that
    suggests to try resetting the waste ink counter to fix this problem. In
    desperation, I tried it. Yes, I reset the counter, but no, it didn't fix
    the problem (which was as I expected).

    This has happened to our BJC-6200 twice before. The first time I tried
    cleaning the contacts on the back of the cartridge (with an expensive thin
    strip of rubber backed high quality contact cleaner, usually reserved for
    electronics workshops). Bad move, I ended up having to replace BOTH
    cartridge holders, when it was almost certainly only one cartridge that
    wasn't being recognised.

    The next time I got the six orange blinks, I again purchased both
    cartridges, but this time I replaced first one, then the other. I found
    that only one cartridge was "faulty", so saved the second one for a while
    until I used that too, when the heads lost their crispness.

    This time, however, I'm not prepared to spend almost AUS$200 (more than half
    the cost of the original printer), to buy two entire new cartridges, as the
    ones in there now are almost new and have had little work. I believe that
    the design of the two cartridges/carriers has been carefully engineered to
    maximise Canons profits. For cartridges to fail in this manner with no
    maltreatment (and no swapping in/out of different tank types), after short
    periods, suggests they have been engineered to have a minimal (and therefore
    profitable for Canon) lifespan. I'm unable to determine whether it's a
    contact problem or something else. Either way, Canon should be condemned.
    We also own a Canon XL1 video camera (circa AUS$9000), which has also had
    design flaws in it from the day we walked out of the Canon dealers showroom.
    That wasn't a profit thing, it was simply incompetent lens design combined
    with poor electronics design in the focus control circuitry. In more recent
    years, we found that Sony cameras were a much better option (they're not
    perfect either, of course).

    The cost of the consumables has been simply unbelievable with the BJC-6200,
    at this point I'm finished with Canon inkjet printers. I won't go Epson
    either, because of their attempt to force users to use their ink, through
    chips on their cartridges (yes, I know I could probably use a resetter, but
    this is a matter of principle).

    I therefore have no option but to start looking at Laser Printers, also a
    costly solution. Probably give me a little more peace of mind, though.

    Regards,
    Hughy
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    HELLO THERE,

    SORRY TO BREAK THE NEWS

    6 ORANGE BLINKS MEANS NO INK CARTRIDGE INSTALLED
    1 GREEN LIGHT MEANS R.O.M FAILURE, WHICH MEANS YOUR CONTROL BOARD HAS
    FAILED.

    Ink sensor Cause:
    The check by the ink sensor during initialization indicates that ink
    is available when there is none. The ink sensor does not check the
    ink until the AC power is turned off. In this case, the ink
    compartment is always recognized to have ink.

    Suspect: Control board, ink sensor, ink tank, EEPROM

    Regards
    Martin
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "Martin" <martin@icanfixit.co.uk> wrote in message
    > HELLO THERE,
    >
    > SORRY TO BREAK THE NEWS
    >
    > 6 ORANGE BLINKS MEANS NO INK CARTRIDGE INSTALLED
    > 1 GREEN LIGHT MEANS R.O.M FAILURE, WHICH MEANS YOUR CONTROL BOARD HAS
    > FAILED.
    >
    > Ink sensor Cause:
    > The check by the ink sensor during initialization indicates that ink
    > is available when there is none. The ink sensor does not check the
    > ink until the AC power is turned off. In this case, the ink
    > compartment is always recognized to have ink.
    >
    > Suspect: Control board, ink sensor, ink tank, EEPROM

    Umm suspect the 1 Green is the normal break/pause between the 6 Orange.
    Most likely suspect (but no guarantees without physical diagnostics) is that
    the printhead needs to be replaced.

Printers Canon Power Peripherals