Windows NT doesn`t want to boot

peter

I`ve got this problem with Windows NT 4.0. My colleague uses this comp with
Windows NT 4.0 }long time age it was server|. It has SCSI }HDD and CD-ROM.
Something was happened but PC didn`t boot Windows NT and it is finished on
error message: WindowsNT couldn`t start because the following file is
missing or corrupt /WINNT/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEMHardware Profile/Last Known
Good menu
Thanks Peter

sorry to say this, but this error is mark of missing or seriously corrupted
system registry hive. You can repair this only using actual (!) ERD or other
registry files backup. If you have not any, you can try to use registry
repairing option of NT setup without ERD, this will try to use registry
backup inside repair folder, but this backup is usually too out of date and
can mess up all your installed software and system settings.

Better is to install secondary OS instance, backup data if needed and to
reinstall whole thing from scratch.

Peter wrote:

> I`ve got this problem with Windows NT 4.0.[...]
> Something was happened but PC didn`t boot Windows NT and it is finished on
> error message: WindowsNT couldn`t start because the following file is
> missing or corrupt /WINNT/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEMHardware Profile/Last Known
> Good menu

See also MS KB167233:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B167233&x=14&y=8

Stephan