HELP Installing NT 4.0 in HP Proliant ML 110

marlene

Hello everybody, i searched in all the net and i can't find any solution. I
have an NT 4 and a new server that is a HP Proliant ML 110. The vendor said
that was compattible with NT 4 but looking over the net i cannot find it.
When I try to install ... i put the cd in the cd rom.. the blue screen of
the start of installation appears and when is loading the drivers... the
screen goes black with blue hearts..... i think that is a problem with
drivers for the sata controller or sata hard disk. I look into the hp web
site but only has the drivers for windows 2000 and 2003. Anyone know where?
or how? can i install the nt 4 in this server? is possible ? the hard disk
is maxtor diamond plus 9 ( that's come with the server) .
Thank you so much any suggest or help.
Best regards,

Marlene

Calvin

Jasper wrote:

> btw, i don't think any SATA controller will work with NT4, so if you
> get another server, make sure it has PATA only.

I wish people would stop making uninformed comments such as these !!

SATA is supported on NT4.0 if appropriate drivers are provided. I'm unaware of
any motherboard based SATA controllers that are supported (and would dearly love
to proved wrong in this statement), but third party add-on cards from companies
such as Promise Technologies certainly do provide support.

Calvin.

jasper

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003

It's just that i haven't seen any stable SATA install of NT4. If you
know of any SATA controllers that have NT4 drivers, please let me know.

Jasper