mirror error nt4.0 sp6.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

hello,

I have a server with scsi with 2 harddisk each 18 GB

I installed wint 4.0 and sp 6a.
On disk 0 I make 8 partition 2047 MB fat 16 and 1 parttion of 1153.MB
Fat 16.
When I make the mirror op disk 1 after 4 mirrors I get the message
ERROR MESSAGES :
the disk containing one of the free spaces you have chosen is not
able to accept any more partitions.
What I did,

Disk 0.

With dos 622. I make 1 one primairy parttion of 2047 MB.
1 exented partition of 2047 MB.
I made this partition to copy the 3com networkdriverCD to it because
NT gives error when I load from the CD-romdriver.

I install nt.40 , SP6 .
deleted in NT4.0 the dos extended.
Make the extended in NT4.0
Make in the extended NT 7 partiton of 1047MB and 1 of 1153MB.
--------
The mirror disk 1 is compleet empty and unformated.
When I make the mirror on disk 1 after 4 mirrors I get the message

ERROR MESSAGES :
he disk containing one of the free spaces you have chosen is not
able to accept any more partitions.

I did it with an other sever and with more partitions and got no error.

Can some one tell what is going on ?

Greetings from the netherlands.

anthony ( 67 years young).

The mirror disk must have an extended partition.

How to Create Multiple Stripe Sets On the Same Disk Array.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162624

John