wireless range not quite enough

I am using a Linksys Wireless Router SMC 2804 WBR and it hasn't quite got
the range for some of the pc's on my network .They are using Linksys USB
wireless adaptors.
What should I buy to get the range improved?
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless range enough

    -keevill- wrote:

    > I am using a Linksys Wireless Router SMC 2804 WBR and it hasn't quite
    > got the range for some of the pc's on my network .They are using
    > Linksys USB wireless adaptors.
    > What should I buy to get the range improved?

    Here is a website that will help you:

    http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    "-keevill-" <keevillus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am using a Linksys Wireless Router SMC 2804 WBR and it hasn't quite got
    >the range for some of the pc's on my network .They are using Linksys USB
    >wireless adaptors.
    > What should I buy to get the range improved?

    Personally, though I am not pushing any one company's barrow here, I have
    found the distance on the D-Link USB stuff great. While, if you are going to
    have serious distance for a wi-fi network or possibly a lot of interfering
    substances, you wont get the highest connection possible, you still get a
    connection. I have customers in places of different stories in their
    building, different substances in walls and floors to get through and one
    near a hospital (as I am at home) and one also near an electronics repair
    shop who interferes with his cordless landline phone but in every case they
    still get through. The unfortunate thing with their USB wi-fi is that if you
    pull the cord out at the NIC often and not at the USB port, you run the risk
    of damaging it. I actually saw a customer pull the connection almost
    completely out of one. I often pull my own D-link wi-fi out at the NIC but I
    am doing it carefully and haven't had a problem to date.

Wireless Wireless Router Networking Microsoft Linksys Wireless Networking