VIA-Chipsets failed while upgrading (PT880)

just learned (again), that moving with NT to a fast machine seems to be
impossible, when chipset is from VIA.

ASROCK 775V88+ (VIA PT880 with SB 8237) failed to run the clone aswell
as reading the NT-Setup-CDROM.

Any advice ?

Martin

Not to forget:
this is sad, as INTEL-Chipssets are no option for other reasons (the
only working one is the 945 - an that is far too expensive - but thats
another story) any new Intel-compatible boards with two IDE-channels
dont seem to be availabe.

Calvin

Hey Martin and everyone watching this thread,

> Not to forget:
> this is sad, as INTEL-Chipssets are no option for other reasons (the
> only working one is the 945 - an that is far too expensive - but thats
> another story) any new Intel-compatible boards with two IDE-channels
> dont seem to be availabe.

Perhaps you could summarise the situation as it stands at this moment - which
motherboard chipsets WILL play and work with NT4.0 and which WON'T.

If we can get a reasonably definitive answer to this question, including what
the technology blockers/enablers are in each case, I will make a new page for
the http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au web site to allow everyone to readily access this
info.

All the best,

Calvin.