Lexmark Z22 wont print any help would be great.

Lexmark Z22 wont print any help would be great.

The black catriidge is full, but in my settings the black setting and
colour settings is greyed out and its stuck on colour and i can't
change them ?

The printer gos though the motions of printing but does not print
nothing.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for any help.

I did upgrade the drivers, but no help might try again.

thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about lexmark wont print great

    mmmmmmm.... my X83 is doing similar.
    I bet you've refilled the cartridge?
    Apparently there is a unique number embedded in each cartridge & once you
    put it in your machine it works out that it can only print "x" number of
    pages before it stops printing.
    There is NO WAY to tell it that it is now full again.
    You need to erase the "record" of that particular cartridge.
    OK, how you ask?
    Well I've been led to believe that the machine will only remember three
    cartridges. (I think of each colour)
    Now if you can borrow (or buy) two more cartridges, pop them in for a few
    minutes each & THEN pop that refilled one back in, well it might think it's
    a new one again.
    I did get told that the number & record of copies printed is stored in
    "win.ini" on your computer & you can edit that to erase the memory of that
    cartridge.
    Well I can tell you that nothing is stored in that file on my computer & in
    fact I get the error even if not connected to my computer.
    On mine the "memory" must be in the printer.
    Gunna cost a bit to try three cartridges to find out though?..........
    Regards.... BruceM

    "Its JUST ME!!!" <1@2.com> wrote in message

    > Lexmark Z22 wont print any help would be great.
    >
    > The black catriidge is full, but in my settings the black setting and
    > colour settings is greyed out and its stuck on colour and i can't
    > change them ?
    >
    > The printer gos though the motions of printing but does not print
    > nothing.
    >
    > Any ideas ?
    >

    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > I did upgrade the drivers, but no help might try again.
    >
    > thanks.

    NAaa not the z22 refilled it 3 rimes already, it was just cloged more
    than i thought, dunking it in some hot water did the trick.

    Works fine now.

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:40:00 +0930, "BruceM" <bruce9950@@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >mmmmmmm.... my X83 is doing similar.
    >I bet you've refilled the cartridge?
    >Apparently there is a unique number embedded in each cartridge & once you
    >put it in your machine it works out that it can only print "x" number of
    >pages before it stops printing.
    >There is NO WAY to tell it that it is now full again.
    >You need to erase the "record" of that particular cartridge.
    >OK, how you ask?
    >Well I've been led to believe that the machine will only remember three
    >cartridges. (I think of each colour)
    >Now if you can borrow (or buy) two more cartridges, pop them in for a few
    >minutes each & THEN pop that refilled one back in, well it might think it's
    >a new one again.
    >I did get told that the number & record of copies printed is stored in
    >"win.ini" on your computer & you can edit that to erase the memory of that
    >cartridge.
    >Well I can tell you that nothing is stored in that file on my computer & in
    >fact I get the error even if not connected to my computer.
    >On mine the "memory" must be in the printer.
    >Gunna cost a bit to try three cartridges to find out though?..........
    >Regards.... BruceM
    >

    >"Its JUST ME!!!" <1@2.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Lexmark Z22 wont print any help would be great.
    >>
    >> The black catriidge is full, but in my settings the black setting and
    >> colour settings is greyed out and its stuck on colour and i can't
    >> change them ?
    >>
    >> The printer gos though the motions of printing but does not print
    >> nothing.
    >>
    >> Any ideas ?
    >>

    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> I did upgrade the drivers, but no help might try again.
    >>
    >> thanks.

Printers Lexmark Peripherals