PartyChief

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
I need to get a new headset. Iv been looking around and it is very confusing. I was told to look into the SENNHEISER line. Does anyone have an opinion of what is a good headset. i have about $100 to shop with.

Shifty

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
What will you use the headset for? If for gaming, the two best are the Plantronics Audio .100s and the iCEMAT Siberias.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
i use a cheap pair of "Trust 5.1 headphones" there actually rather good for games considering there really cheap....dont listen to music on them though music sounds awfull, but games sound great and the 5.1 really helps.

omallese

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I did some research on the topic about a year ago, and decided on the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro ($99) headphones. I use them with my computer and mp3 player, everything sounds great. Look at www.headphone.com for some help.

PartyChief

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
only one had a mic at the website you linked. What i want is a good headset and mic combo. Also what is the benefit of using usb instead of the traditional headset connection?

Shifty

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
only one had a mic at the website you linked. What i want is a good headset and mic combo. Also what is the benefit of using usb instead of the traditional headset connection?
USB means it comes with its own soundcard. You need the USB to plug it in. Sennheisers aren't very good right now. Opt for the Siberia or the Audio .100.

SMoKiNaDooB

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
www.medusa-usa.com

The best gaming headphones period.

4 speakers in each ear. I have a pair and absolutly love them. Just make sure you don't get the USB version. I can hear people coming up from behind me in the headphones... there's so much bass that it actually tickles my ears...

edit: even the box that they come in is high end. Velvet headphones mmmmmmmmmmmmm