Problem With Windows 2000 Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

I have a rather annoying problem with Windows 2000 Server running Terminal
Services in a buisness environment. The problem is isolated only to
Administrator accounts and Explorer/Internet Explorer.

When logged into the server, either at the console or in a terminal session,
on occasion I cannot get a start bar until I open the Display properties,
select Web, check "Show Web Content on my Active Desktop" and check "My
Current Home Page", then click Apply. Once this is accomplished then I get
my start bar.

Also, I cannot open Internet Explorer. It hangs and the application
DW15.EXE starts running. I know what DW15 is, but the problem is I, or
anyone else with Administrator Group access rights can open Internet
Explorer, while other users can.

I sure would appreciate any assistance in locating a solution to this
delimma I am under.

My e-mail address for personal replies is -- darrell at starfleet-ufp dot
net. I would use my business addy, but our spam filter would catch it and I
would never get it.

Thanks for any responses,

Darrell

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Oops ... Let me make a clarification to one sentence ...

I wrote: anyone else with Administrator Group access rights can open
Internet
I meant: anyone else with Administrator Group access rights cannot open
Internet

Darrell