CuRsEE

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Hey! I'm havinmg this problem with my pc I built it myself. Whenever I play games, almost 70 % of the time it'll just turn off by itself, with no warning. Its never did this before until I put some new cooling compound on my cpu. When it does crash I open the case and it feels really hot inside. My video card get's pretty hot too, I don't have any programs to check out the temps I'm running anyone have any idea's lemme know please and thanks :?:

AMD athlon 3200+ on a ASUS A8N-SLI MOBO
ATI RADEON X700 PRO
WD 200 GIG SATA
1024 MB DDR400
CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS
LG DVD-ROM and LG DVD-RAM

ridgway

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
go into ur BIOS
there should be an item which shows the CPU temps and fan speeds.
Reseat your CPU properly

CuRsEE

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
I just crashed after playing a game and then When I checked it say it was at 76 F
I try from a cold in the morning and let you know

CPUZ

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Reseat your CPU and only use as little of the compound as you can because too much will over heat the CPU. Try adding some well placed case fans to lower the inside temperature of the case. Check that the CPU fan is working properly and that it is speeding up when the temp of the CPU rises. A good monitoring program when you are in windows is SpeedFan 4.26 just type in in google and download it. I have an AMD 3000+(939) Venice with a standard cooler and not over clocked and it runs at about 106F when i'm online and in the forums. :wink: