Problem with WINXP PRO

alex

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

hi,i hope someone can help me with that issue.
when i startup my computer (not for the first time), i
receive a message before the WINXP startup screen appears.
the message is:

invalid boot.ini file
booting from c:\windows

i tryed to find on my computer this file but coudn't find
it. i viewed the hidden system files, but still i can't
find it anywhere.
all the programs on my computer work perfectly and this
message doesn't affect on anything but i'm very curious to
find out what is causing for that message.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

This file should live at c:. Dir won't show it, just use notepad to open.

notepad c:\boot.ini

TS FAQ:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.mspx

"Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,i hope someone can help me with that issue.
> when i startup my computer (not for the first time), i
> receive a message before the WINXP startup screen appears.
> the message is:
>
> invalid boot.ini file
> booting from c:\windows
>
> i tryed to find on my computer this file but coudn't find
> it. i viewed the hidden system files, but still i can't
> find it anywhere.
> all the programs on my computer work perfectly and this
> message doesn't affect on anything but i'm very curious to
> find out what is causing for that message.

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Thanks, I needed to find it on my 2000 server too.