Checking Page Count on a Brother HL-1440?

Hi everyone,

How can I do this? Checked the manual, to no avail.

Please reply to the NG, the email above has been dead a long time. ;-)

Thanks!

-kj-

KJ99GT Printer

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On 30 Oct 2004 03:34:49 -0700, kevin_jarrett@hotmail.com (Kevin
Jarrett) wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>How can I do this? Checked the manual, to no avail.

Try printing a self-test page - this is how I get a page count on my
Samsung.

Ken

> Try printing a self-test page - this is how I get a page count on my
> Samsung.

Thanks for the reply Ken - no dice - I believe I may have to install
some software from Brother called the "Status Monitor" - am running
without it currently. Downloading now...

-kj-

On my compute I went to:
Start > Programs > HL1440 > Printer Information
and got this printout:

Printer's ID :MFG:Brother;CMD:pCL4,PJL;MDL:HL-1440
series;CLS:pRINTER;
Version :"Brother HL-1440 series:84UZ32:Ver1.03"
Drum Life :97.1 %
Page Counter :322
Drum Counter :322
Maintenance Data :MZ-L180003F000000

--

So I have printed 322 pages and used 3% of my drum life.

If you don't have "HL1440 > Printer Information" on your program menu,
you may need to re-install your printer software.

Jarrett) wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>How can I do this? Checked the manual, to no avail.
>
>Please reply to the NG, the email above has been dead a long time. ;-)
>
>Thanks!
>
>-kj-
>
>KJ99GT Printer

Thanks, you are exactly right!