Logitech Launches Fully Water-Washable Keyboard K310

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]How many people will actually dip this in water to wash it when they buy one? Try using a disinfecting wipe like everyone else.[/citation]

Uh, have you ever looked between or UNDER your key caps ? There is prob a whole parallel universe in there :)

seroism

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
I'm very surprised they didn't price this higher. Not that I'm complaining but I would have figured they'd charge more than 40 bucks!

G

The raised keys make it look like it came from a typewriter or something. Nice design I think.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Uh, have you ever looked between or UNDER your key caps ? There is prob a whole parallel universe in there :)[/citation]
Technically I'd call that an ecosystem.

My son uses my desk computer. He's 2. More often than not he has sticky hands, or a water/juice cup.
Hence, I need this keyboard, badly.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]RazorBurn[/nom]for gaming, the A4tech X7 series keyboards are more desirable..[/citation]
You obviously have never owned a Nostromo... ;)

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I give even normal keyboards a bath here at work. I've bathed mine 3 times. They just need a long time to dry out. Users spill crap on their keyboards all the time. Unfortunately the stupid ones don't unplug them right away. Being designed to withstand spills will save a few keyboards. Also, this could be useful in an environment where the user's hands get wet.

G

I have been washing my keyboards in the sink for over a decade now. Cheap ones mind you, and let them sit for a week to dry out completely. They come out just like new and go into rotation. I have also pulled an Xbos 360 out of a cold dirty bucket full of water and let it dry with a portable heater and it works just fine. Granted I would not try this with anything I value greatly.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]RazorBurn[/nom]for gaming, the A4tech X7 series keyboards are more desirable..[/citation]
Comparing A4 tech with Logitech is like comparing Renault with Ferrari.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Washable Keyboard!? What the insane sorcery is this!? This is madness!

....I really start feeling like my pink hover-board aren't that far away anymore...the future is on, fun*k yeah!

G

The raised keys make it look like it came from a typewriter or something. Nice design I think.

paulbowring

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
i think this is awesome....i hat the skin and hair that gets caught between the keys.... i'd love to just throw the thing in a dishwasher to wash thoroughly once a year or so... brilliant.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I think it's great. Granted that I did this anyway but then I had to have 2 keyboards to swap between while the one dried.

All around good idea. I'm not about to blame my children for spills in the keyboard because, let's face it, we're all guilty of that at one point or another.

This will save me valuable minutes of my time, lol. Step in the right direction anyway until these parts become water resistant.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
There's always milk, soda, drolls, chocolate, and so on from my 2 year old and man I've went through dont know how many razer keyboards... =(

Drench and spray it with water and light soap, let dry in the sun for 5 days and hope it still works... 50% of the time I'm lucky...

With This keyboard I'll no longer worry about washing.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I've always wondered if there was ever a market for these types of keyboards.[/citation]

NEWS FLASH! rubber roll-up keyboards... same concept but able to roll... it been out for a log time now.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]There's always milk, soda, drolls, chocolate, and so on from my 2 year old and man I've went through dont know how many razer keyboards... =(Drench and spray it with water and light soap, let dry in the sun for 5 days and hope it still works... 50% of the time I'm lucky...With This keyboard I'll no longer worry about washing.[/citation]
When I wash my keyboard I disassemble it completely, remove all electronics and put the rest on the washing machine at low temperature. Then all I have to do is dry every key, reassemble the keyboard and it looks like new. I never damaged a keyboard cleaning it this way.

Zetto

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]NEWS FLASH! rubber roll-up keyboards... same concept but able to roll... it been out for a log time now.[/citation]

Yes tried those, my users just don't like them, the keys are too wobbly, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.