Licensing problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi!

I purchased 12 TS 2003 user licenses for company i support
and installed on a server and now i have 12 available
Terminal server per user CAL token and non issued. People
still getting out of license message. Can anybody shed
some light what is going on?

Thank you,

Steve

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

if you read http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822134
you find that the tse user cal are not actually managed by Windows 2003
Terminal licensing Server. To validate user logon after the grace period
(120 day), your TSE must be abble to communicate with a terminal licencing
server. You can use for example lsview.msi from your Terminal server to see
if your TSE see any TLS.

--
Cordialement
Eric

*** Répondre au Newsgroup, Merci ***
"Steve Vilk" <svilk@aidgroup.net> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi!
>
> I purchased 12 TS 2003 user licenses for company i support
> and installed on a server and now i have 12 available
> Terminal server per user CAL token and non issued. People
> still getting out of license message. Can anybody shed
> some light what is going on?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steve

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

But since the poster mentioned "out of license message", the fact
that per user licenses are unmanaged does not explain his problem.

Steve, I've answered your identical post in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services
You have to change the licensing mode of your TS.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT