Another Licensing Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hello,

We have 49 TS cals and we have been running out so users connecting from
home keep getting error messages and they can not connect anymore. The thing
is we do not have 49 non Win XP/2000 Pro machines to eat up the licenses.
Microsoft reports they had a problem and they fixed it but that fix does not
return the unused licenses created before the fix to the license pool. I
still have old machines that are retired some time ago with permanent
licenses.

The question is how could I remove those licenses or is there another fix to
remove licenses that have not been used for a while?

Thanks,

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

The problem that you describe occurs with TS CALs that have no
expiration date (meaning that they were installed prior to SP3).

You have to phone the Clearinghouse to get these licenses re-
issued.

291795 - HOW TO: Locate a Phone Number for the Microsoft
Clearinghouse
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291795

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"NoSf3RaTu" <nos@net.org> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> We have 49 TS cals and we have been running out so users
> connecting from home keep getting error messages and they can
> not connect anymore. The thing is we do not have 49 non Win
> XP/2000 Pro machines to eat up the licenses. Microsoft reports
> they had a problem and they fixed it but that fix does not
> return the unused licenses created before the fix to the license
> pool. I still have old machines that are retired some time ago
> with permanent licenses.
>
> The question is how could I remove those licenses or is there
> another fix to remove licenses that have not been used for a
> while?
>
> Thanks,

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Thanks much!