Temporary files

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi,

I'm finding that the staff here are using up quite a lot of disk space with their temporary files, IE temporary files and wastebaskets. Is there a good way I can restrict the size these go / or similar?

Thanks

Guy Burdick

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

You can do various things:

1) you can configure IE with a limit for temporary Internet Files.
2) you can move the location of the IE temp files
3) if your users have roaming profiles, you can exclude the Temp and
IE Temp files from roaming with the profile, combined with the
setting "Delet cached copy of roaming profile"
4) you can put a line in you logon script to delete their temp. files
on logon, using the %username% or %userprofile% variable.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

guyburdickNO*SPAM@exeter.co.uk wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I'm finding that the staff here are using up quite a lot of disk
> space with their temporary files, IE temporary files and
> wastebaskets. Is there a good way I can restrict the size these
> go / or similar?
>
> Thanks
>
> Guy Burdick

TRENDING THREADS