Rimm Q

No one replied so I assume no one knows but maybe someone skipped over
it so I'll ask again. Is the memory below computable?

I did find:

256MB 800MHz RAMBUS (32bit) - $ 55.00
# aka RIMM 3200
# 40ns, 2.5V
# 32bit, 232-pin RIMM
# for 400MHz FSB CPU's
# 3.2GB/s
# Samsung quality!
# Lifetime Warranty
# Gold Pins

http://www.mushkin.com/ - who come out pretty good at Bizrate.com.
--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
More about rimm

    boB -

    I guess the real question is - compatible with what? It's only
    compatible if it exactly matches what's installed now. With RAMBUS, close is
    seldom good enough, i.e., the only way to guarantee it will work is to
    install an exact match. The manual for the Gateway should tell you what's in
    there now. Or a call to Gateway might help.

    Trip

    Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:11:55 GMT

    No one replied so I assume no one knows but maybe someone skipped
    over it so I'll ask again...

    Hi boB... Sorry my excuse is that I don't know.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000

    Also Sprach boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.icom>:

    > No one replied so I assume no one knows but maybe someone skipped over
    > it so I'll ask again. Is the memory below computable?
    > I did find:

    Looks like a good price. I've dealt w/ Mushkin before, they're a
    reputable outfit.

    Dan

    --
    Haiku to my shower:

    Rinse for ten minutes.
    I still have soap in my hair.
    Low flow shower head.

    BillW50 wrote:

    > "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
    > Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:11:55 GMT
    >
    > No one replied so I assume no one knows but maybe someone skipped
    > over it so I'll ask again...
    >
    > Hi boB... Sorry my excuse is that I don't know.
    >

    > Cheers!

    Don't say sorry. I assumed no one knew but thought I'd ask again in
    case someone had skipped over it before.

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Marshall Banana wrote:

    > Looks like a good price. I've dealt w/ Mushkin before, they're a
    > reputable outfit.
    >
    > Dan

    They have a good rep according to Bizrate. I'm trying to find the specs
    on the RAM I have, I know it's somewhere in there :)
    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Trip Lane wrote:

    > boB -
    >
    > I guess the real question is - compatible with what? It's only
    > compatible if it exactly matches what's installed now. With RAMBUS, close is
    > seldom good enough, i.e., the only way to guarantee it will work is to
    > install an exact match. The manual for the Gateway should tell you what's in
    > there now. Or a call to Gateway might help.
    >
    > Trip

    Thanks, I just e-mailed them but will call if this email goes unanswered.

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Video Games Product