3.3v 3.36v
12v 5.12v
5v 5.12v

CPU temp: 74 c
CPU fan speed" 4560 RPM
System fan speed 0 RPM

Can someone explain why my system fan speed is only on 0 RPM
?
Can someone explain why on my CPU side, it's hot?

Do I need a new heat sink fan?

I just brought a new CPU chip and I want to install it soon, but should I

have brought a new heat sinking fan as well or just use the old one?

Any information or advice is appreciated.
January 4, 2006 10:32:44 AM

The main problem should be on your motherboard or on the Bios version. Do you real feel the extreme heat coming out of the case? New Bios or new Board. You could have plugged a cable on the wrong spot because of that 12V voltage count. I´m not sure.

Scruze my Engrish :D 
January 4, 2006 10:41:05 AM

Quote:
The main problem should be on your motherboard or on the Bios version. Do you real feel the extreme heat coming out of the case? New Bios or new Board. You could have plugged a cable on the wrong spot because of that 12V voltage count. I´m not sure.

I just brought a new board. It does heat within a minute of turning on my pc, but then the heat goes down a bit and then comes back up during my stay on the net.

I have no idea what you mean by "plugged a cable on the wrong spot".
USB cords are hooked up to their respected input slots.

Can you explain why my bios stated my system fan speed is 0 rpm?
I have a flow of air from new power supply.

Is it from the cpu heat sinking fan?

Do I need to correct or change anything from bios or etc on my pc?
Related resources
January 4, 2006 5:41:43 PM

Quote:

I just brought a new board. It does heat within a minute of turning on my pc, but then the heat goes down a bit and then comes back up during my stay on the net.

I have no idea what you mean by "plugged a cable on the wrong spot".
USB cords are hooked up to their respected input slots.

Can you explain why my bios stated my system fan speed is 0 rpm?
I have a flow of air from new power supply.

Is it from the cpu heat sinking fan?

Do I need to correct or change anything from bios or etc on my pc?
Ok, the Bios problem could be on not telling you the real temps. I had the same problem a few months ago, then downloaded te latest Bios and the temps are correct. 75º seems a real high temp, if it was true probably your cpu would be throtling. But if you have not stability problems I think you're fine. You can also try to use a decent copper hs and fill it with the right amount of thermal paste. But with 75º you should note a huge amout of heat coming out from the case, or inside it. The speed 0 rpm can be a normal thing, mine shows me the same and I have 2 fans plus the hsf.
January 4, 2006 6:57:15 PM

Yeah,
check for a BIOS update. Some of them are mis-calibrated on the thermalcouple readers. What kind of CPU and fan do you have?
The 0RPM fan isn't a big deal, as long as your fans really are spinning. Many PSUs don't support fan speed detection. If it is your system fan, that usually (not always) refers to the northbridge fan. Do you have a NB fan? If so does it have three wires connecting to the mobo (red, black and yellow is standard)?
Cheers
January 4, 2006 8:55:50 PM

I'm not completely sure I get the situation... you upgraded your CPU but kept the CPU cooler? how much did you upgrade it by? is your old CPU cooler specified to handle your new CPU? did you put cooling paste on the CPU core before you attached the CPU cooler?

there's a lot of things that can cause that temperature. check those kinda things before you flash your mb
January 4, 2006 10:58:32 PM

Quote:

I laughed for like 10 minutes when i read that. :lol: 

Finally something to make today marginally worth it.
January 5, 2006 9:05:42 PM

Quote:
I'm not completely sure I get the situation... you upgraded your CPU but kept the CPU cooler? how much did you upgrade it by? is your old CPU cooler specified to handle your new CPU? did you put cooling paste on the CPU core before you attached the CPU cooler?

there's a lot of things that can cause that temperature. check those kinda things before you flash your mb

Doesn't matter now my pc isnt working. I changed my cpu and kept my old heat sinking fan. It worked for about a minute and then processor went dead and I hear repeated beeping sounds.

So I quickly went and brought a cheap heat sinking fan. I replaced the old one and it worked for about a min after. I rebooted and then I changed my bios functions because I also brought a memory chip and my pc wasnt reading the upgrade so I thought, messing with bios would allow my pc to plug and play the upgrade.

After I saved my bios setttings my processor shut up completely and I heard the same repeated beeps again. I re put back the fan and now both my cpu's wont load and now my pc is unbalanced. Im pissed because I spend money on the cpu and memory.

The heat sinking fan was very very hot. I thought it was my power supply but when I got a new one last month and it didnt caught off like the old one but my pc was still hot. Maybe the heat sinking fan caused my new cpu to damage.
a b à CPUs
March 26, 2013 5:07:22 AM

This is why you pay someone to do upgrades you cant do or dont understand. Why would you buy a new PSU if your CPU is overheating? Why would you buy a "cheap CPU heat sinking fan" rather than invest a little bit in a good one? Make some sense and maybe someone can help you.
!