How limit TS use ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hello,
I've a windows 2003 TS in app. mode installed and used by all users. Is it a possibility to :

1) Authorize only some users (not all...) (or a specified security group) to use of TS Services outside the LAN (means trough Internet) ?

2) In the lan, define the default network printer regarding the computer from which they work ?

Many thanks for your help,

Neil FISCHER
nfischer@dilem.removeme.ch
2 answers Last reply
More about limit
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    Maybe you can try this:
    1. only users in administrators or Remote Desktop Users groups are allow to
    remote desktop to your server. You can set a special user group with this
    property for your user outside the LAN.
    2.You can try the security/sharing settings for the network printers for
    your users.

    thanks
    Soo Kuan

    "Neil FISCHER" <Neil FISCHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I've a windows 2003 TS in app. mode installed and used by all users. Is it
    a possibility to :

    > 1) Authorize only some users (not all...) (or a specified security group)
    to use of TS Services outside the LAN (means trough Internet) ?

    > 2) In the lan, define the default network printer regarding the computer
    from which they work ?

    > Many thanks for your help,
    >
    > Neil FISCHER
    > nfischer@dilem.removeme.ch

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    Hello,

    First of all many thanks for your answer and your time.

    Regarding TS access outside the LAN, the goals are the following
    -all users can open sessions when they are on the office, means on the lan (for this they are in de RDP Group and in another security group for further purposes...)
    -just the direction team can open ts sessions when they're at home or anywhere else
    So where can I define this kind of access because at this level of my knowledge it's not possible to define two kind of access (even regarding the network card used because it's not the same as the one used for the lan) ?

    For the printers, how can they be automaticaly assigned to the users at the logon regarding the computer used ? (security/sharing just allow the manual connexion) ?

    Many thanks,

    Neil
    nfischer@dilem.removeme.ch

    "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" wrote:

    > Maybe you can try this:
    > 1. only users in administrators or Remote Desktop Users groups are allow to
    > remote desktop to your server. You can set a special user group with this
    > property for your user outside the LAN.
    > 2.You can try the security/sharing settings for the network printers for
    > your users.
    >
    > thanks
    > Soo Kuan

    > "Neil FISCHER" <Neil FISCHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > I've a windows 2003 TS in app. mode installed and used by all users. Is it
    > a possibility to :
    > >
    > > 1) Authorize only some users (not all...) (or a specified security group)
    > to use of TS Services outside the LAN (means trough Internet) ?
    > >
    > > 2) In the lan, define the default network printer regarding the computer
    > from which they work ?
    > >
    > > Many thanks for your help,
    > >
    > > Neil FISCHER
    > > nfischer@dilem.removeme.ch