RDC breaks outbound network communications on host box

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

The host is a 2003 Server w/ Terminal Services installed. It's located out of state from here, so I can't put my hands on it. Whenever we use Remote Desktop Connection to connect, the host machine loses its ability to connect to the internet. I believe this condition persists even after logging off. The condition resolves after a reboot.

The host is also a web server, and I know that it will still serve up web pages after this problem occurs. So something is keeping it from getting anything whatsoever--even when pointing to its local ip address. There is some type of VPN that was set up so that the machine could replicate with the server where I am. I don't know if that's important or not. Any ideas?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

It's a dupe of the one further down. Apparently if the posting process gets interrupted it will still post your message. *SHRUG*

"James" wrote:

> The host is a 2003 Server w/ Terminal Services installed. It's located out of state from here, so I can't put my hands on it. Whenever we use Remote Desktop Connection to connect, the host machine loses its ability to connect to the internet. I believe this condition persists even after logging off. The condition resolves after a reboot.
>
> The host is also a web server, and I know that it will still serve up web pages after this problem occurs. So something is keeping it from getting anything whatsoever--even when pointing to its local ip address. There is some type of VPN that was set up so that the machine could replicate with the server where I am. I don't know if that's important or not. Any ideas?