Help with RPC Rremote Procedure Call)!!!!

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 24, 2004 7:20:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I need someone to explain what it is and how to fix it!!!
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 10:02:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

| I need someone to explain what it is and how to fix it!!!

RPC is a powerful technique for constructing distributed, client-server
based applications. It is based on extending the notion of conventional, or
local procedure calling, so that the called procedure need not exist in the
same address space as the calling procedure. The two processes may be on
the same system, or they may be on different systems with a network
connecting them. By using RPC, programmers of distributed applications
avoid the details of the interface with the network. The transport
independence of RPC isolates the application from the physical and logical
elements of the data communications mechanism and allows the application to
use a variety of transports.

Are there particular problems you are having? Can you explain the symptoms?

Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer
Enterprise Messaging Support - Admin
Email: a-derekw@microsoft.com

Please respond in the group, so all users may benefit.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.

SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.... an e-mail
alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this service to notify
subscribers when we release an important security bulletin or virus alert,
and also to make them aware that they might need to take action to guard
against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark Microsoft Security
Bulletin's page available at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet...
to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
patches visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
install patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
keep you up-to-date.
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 10:10:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

p?ID=135 an e-mail
>alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use
this service to notify
>subscribers when we release an important security
bulletin or virus alert,
>and also to make them aware that they might need to take
action to guard
>against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark
Microsoft Security
>Bulletin's page available at
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?
url=/technet/security/bulletin/
>to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current
with all security
>patches visit Windows Update at
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
>install patches. Running the SCAN program from the
Windows Update site will
>keep you up-to-date.
>

>.
>Thanks Derek!!
I found that I had a worm in my computer that was causing
it to go haywire. It would pop up and say it was shutting
the system down, and it was an on and off situation only
happening once and awhile. Then finally it got to the
point that after startup it would go directly into
shutdown and I would have to safe start the computer and
it would operate long enough for me to finish a few
projects. Again THANK YOU!!! for your help!!

Randy.
!