Help with RPC Rremote Procedure Call)!!!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I need someone to explain what it is and how to fix it!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about help rremote procedure call
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    | I need someone to explain what it is and how to fix it!!!

    RPC is a powerful technique for constructing distributed, client-server
    based applications. It is based on extending the notion of conventional, or
    local procedure calling, so that the called procedure need not exist in the
    same address space as the calling procedure. The two processes may be on
    the same system, or they may be on different systems with a network
    connecting them. By using RPC, programmers of distributed applications
    avoid the details of the interface with the network. The transport
    independence of RPC isolates the application from the physical and logical
    elements of the data communications mechanism and allows the application to
    use a variety of transports.

    Are there particular problems you are having? Can you explain the symptoms?

    Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
    Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer
    Enterprise Messaging Support - Admin
    Email: a-derekw@microsoft.com

    Please respond in the group, so all users may benefit.

    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
    there.

    SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
    Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
    http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.asp?ID=135 an e-mail
    alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this service to notify
    subscribers when we release an important security bulletin or virus alert,
    and also to make them aware that they might need to take action to guard
    against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark Microsoft Security
    Bulletin's page available at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/
    to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
    patches visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
    install patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
    keep you up-to-date.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    I found that I had a worm in my computer that was causing
    it to go haywire. It would pop up and say it was shutting
    the system down, and it was an on and off situation only
    happening once and awhile. Then finally it got to the
    point that after startup it would go directly into
    shutdown and I would have to safe start the computer and
    it would operate long enough for me to finish a few
    projects. Again THANK YOU!!! for your help!!

    Randy.

RPC Microsoft Windows