Printing to other user sessions

Marvin

Distinguished
May 2, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi All,
Would anyone know how to make a user that is not a member
of the power users group, be able to see other users
printer(s) when they connect to a TS (windows 2003), so
that they can and are allowed to print to another users
session.

I'd rather have the users using TS be a member of of
the 'users' group only and not a member of 'power users'.
I've tried making a user a member of 'print operators'
but that still did not allow that user to see any other
user's printer sessions.

Thanks

Marvin

Distinguished
May 2, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Once again, I guess there is no solution to this one yeah?

The only way to do this is by changing the security setting for this
particular printer, but than when the user logs off the setting is cleared
and the new session starts from the default setting (just the security) and
you will have to change the setting again.
Saying this short - this feature is not supported and local user is allowed
to only its own printers during the TS session.

The solution for this problem would be installing printers, you want all
users to share, on the TS server:)

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---