What components comprise the Remote Desktop host?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?
6 answers Last reply
More about what components comprise remote desktop host
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.

    "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
    > What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    That's the question.....what binaries?

    "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.

    > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
    > > What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    May I know what do you want that information?

    > That's the question.....what binaries?
    >

    > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.
    > >

    > > --
    rights

    > > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
    > > > What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    To package in a single EXE for use on XP Home Pcs.

    > May I know what do you want that information?

    > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
    > > That's the question.....what binaries?
    > >

    > > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.
    > > >

    > > > --
    > rights
    > > >

    > > > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    Nevermind......I can find them on my own with a simple dependency walker.

    > To package in a single EXE for use on XP Home Pcs.
    >
    > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > May I know what do you want that information?
    > >

    > > --
    rights

    > > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
    > > > That's the question.....what binaries?
    > > >

    > > > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > > rights

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    Jim -

    You'll actually find most of the necessary binaries are already on the XP
    Home machine. (for the Remote Assistance feature) The problem is more that
    Home is not licensed to host a Remote Desktop session. (simply copying the
    binaries won't allow that to happen)

    If you want to use that machine as a Remote Desktop host, you'd need XP Pro.
    Depending on what you want to do, netmeeting or other screen-sharing
    technologies might work for you as well.

    Hope this helps,
    Drew

    TS FAQ:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.asp

    > Nevermind......I can find them on my own with a simple dependency walker.
    >

    > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
    > > To package in a single EXE for use on XP Home Pcs.
    > >
    > > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > May I know what do you want that information?
    > > >

    > > > --
    > rights
    > > >

    > > > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message

    > > > rights

Remote Desktop Microsoft Components Windows XP Windows