Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What components comprise the Remote Desktop host?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 6:16:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?

More about : components comprise remote desktop host

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 11:00:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.


--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights


"Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
news:nuMGc.14803$9t6.2179@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 2:50:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

That's the question.....what binaries?


"Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%23Hfpj9IZEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.
>
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
>
>
> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> news:nuMGc.14803$9t6.2179@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> > What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 2:50:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

May I know what do you want that information?


--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights


"Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
news:YD2Hc.26925$XF5.2891@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> That's the question.....what binaries?
>
>
> "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:%23Hfpj9IZEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.
> >
> >
> > --
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights
> >
> >
> > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > news:nuMGc.14803$9t6.2179@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> > > What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 6:03:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

To package in a single EXE for use on XP Home Pcs.

"Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%23SS6zrKZEHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> May I know what do you want that information?
>
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
>
>
> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> news:YD2Hc.26925$XF5.2891@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> > That's the question.....what binaries?
> >
> >
> > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23Hfpj9IZEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights
> > >
> > >
> > > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > > news:nuMGc.14803$9t6.2179@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> > > > What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 6:31:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Nevermind......I can find them on my own with a simple dependency walker.


"Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
news:D s5Hc.28208$XF5.19741@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> To package in a single EXE for use on XP Home Pcs.
>
> "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:%23SS6zrKZEHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > May I know what do you want that information?
> >
> >
> > --
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights
> >
> >
> > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > news:YD2Hc.26925$XF5.2891@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> > > That's the question.....what binaries?
> > >
> > >
> > > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:%23Hfpj9IZEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > > It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> > rights
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > > > news:nuMGc.14803$9t6.2179@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> > > > > What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 7:34:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Jim -

You'll actually find most of the necessary binaries are already on the XP
Home machine. (for the Remote Assistance feature) The problem is more that
Home is not licensed to host a Remote Desktop session. (simply copying the
binaries won't allow that to happen)

If you want to use that machine as a Remote Desktop host, you'd need XP Pro.
Depending on what you want to do, netmeeting or other screen-sharing
technologies might work for you as well.

Hope this helps,
Drew

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
TS FAQ:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/...



"Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
news:p T5Hc.33558$w56.26004@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
> Nevermind......I can find them on my own with a simple dependency walker.
>
>
> "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> news:D s5Hc.28208$XF5.19741@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> > To package in a single EXE for use on XP Home Pcs.
> >
> > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23SS6zrKZEHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > May I know what do you want that information?
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights
> > >
> > >
> > > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > > news:YD2Hc.26925$XF5.2891@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> > > > That's the question.....what binaries?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" <sookuant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:%23Hfpj9IZEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > > > It is the Terminal Services, which consists of many binaries.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > --
> > > > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no
> > > rights
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > "Jim Hubbard" <reply@groups.please> wrote in message
> > > > > news:nuMGc.14803$9t6.2179@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> > > > > > What components comprise the Remote Desktop host in XP Pro?
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
!