Printer problem

mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi

I have a win2k SP4 machine running TS. Every so often
users complain they can not print to networked printers,
but if they logoff and then back on again they can print.
Is this something to do with the printer ports timing out?

Source: Print
EventID: 61

The document Microsoft Word - Document1 owned by OWNER
failed to print. Win32 error code returned by the print
processor: 3003 (0xbbb).

anybody any ideas?

TIA, Mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

net helpmsg 3003 translates this error to:
"A StartDocPrinter call was not issued" (meaning: printer was not
reached on network).

Check if the tips here help you find the cause:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=61&eventno=47
&source=Print&phase=1

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hi
>
> I have a win2k SP4 machine running TS. Every so often
> users complain they can not print to networked printers,
> but if they logoff and then back on again they can print.
> Is this something to do with the printer ports timing out?
>

> Source: Print
> EventID: 61
>
> The document Microsoft Word - Document1 owned by OWNER
> failed to print. Win32 error code returned by the print
> processor: 3003 (0xbbb).
>
> anybody any ideas?
>
> TIA, Mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi Vera

already been onto this site and nothing there of any help :
( I did somewhere else it could be, like network drives,
that after 15 minutes of inactivity the connection is
dropped ala red cross on network drives.

If it this which machine do I apply the reg hack to? the
client or the server?

Thanks again for any ideas :)

Mark

also found this

3003 A StartDocPrinter call was not issued (printer not
reached on =
network)
63 Your file waiting to be printed was deleted (user
deleted job)
129 The %1 application cannot be run in Win32 mode (???)
29 The system cannot write to the specified device (port
error)

3003 and 63 should not trouble you, as these occur in
quite normal
situations.

3003 is normal?? well it's not noraml when the users
can't print? ;-)

Mark

Since you get error code 3003, don't bother with error codes 63,
129, 29 or others. They don't apply to you.

Have you follow the link on the same page to Microsofts
information about EventID 61? It includes a number of KB articles
(some specific for TS) that might describe your situation.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?
EvtSrc=Print&EvtID=61&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033
&ProdVer=5.2

--
Vera Noest

> also found this
>
> 3003 A StartDocPrinter call was not issued (printer not
> reached on =
> network)
> 63 Your file waiting to be printed was deleted (user
> deleted job)
> 129 The %1 application cannot be run in Win32 mode (???)
> 29 The system cannot write to the specified device (port
> error)
>
> 3003 and 63 should not trouble you, as these occur in
> quite normal
> situations.
>

> 3003 is normal?? well it's not noraml when the users
> can't print? ;-)
>
> Mark

thanks for the info

Yup, tried that. The server isn't running low on any
resource, it seems fine just stops users from printing
after being logged on for awhile.

it's driving me mad

Cheers, Mark

(???)
>> 29 The system cannot write to the specified device
(port
>> error)
>>
>> 3003 and 63 should not trouble you, as these occur in
>> quite normal
>> situations.
>>

>> 3003 is normal?? well it's not noraml when the users
>> can't print? ;-)
>>
>> Mark

Did you install the pre-SP5 hotfix for Event 61, mentioned on
TechNet? There might be un underlying error which is overwritten.
Which printer type is this about? Did you install any 3th party
printer drivers? If so, I would uninstall them and use native
drivers only.

--

> Hi
>
> thanks for the info
>
> Yup, tried that. The server isn't running low on any
> resource, it seems fine just stops users from printing
> after being logged on for awhile.
>
> it's driving me mad
>
> Cheers, Mark

it's on a win2k SP4 box not applied any hot fixes

the print devices we use are HP, as for drivers loaded
they are HP's. I'll proabbly try removing the drivers at
the weekend and use on native win2k drivers.

thanks for all your help.

Cheers, Mark