P-180 case with modular PSU

RichPLS

Champion
I am not nec making that assumption, but that could be the only reason that I could imagine, since the P180 is a large case and you mentioned a possible problem.

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
just to make sure, a modular PSU is a PSU where the cables can be removed right?

I am not nec making that assumption, but that could be the only reason that I could imagine, since the P180 is a large case and you mentioned a possible problem.

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Got a question as well, since i'm about to buy 1 soon..

Do you need to extend the PSU cables? Or are they long enough to reach your other components? (CD/DVD drive for example)

why would you assume the cables would be short in a modular PSU?

I havent, but would assume the length of the cables may not extend far enough...
The length of the cables could be too short, since the PSU is located in a seperate chamber at the bottom of the case..

linux_0

Splendid
Most cables are more than long enough to reach all components.

The cables on "cheapo" PSUs are sometimes too short because the mfg is trying to save $$$$$$

On quality PSUs that is rarely the case.

If you do end up having cables that are too short you can always buy an extension cable.

HolyBull

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
hi there, I heard that the Antec P-180 case is not good with modular PSUs.
is this true? and if so, why?

Just from reading the reviews from NewEgg, seems like there's a high number of the PSUs that are DOA.

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
hi, which PSU are you talking about?

hi there, I heard that the Antec P-180 case is not good with modular PSUs.
is this true? and if so, why?

Just from reading the reviews from NewEgg, seems like there's a high number of the PSUs that are DOA.

aj49

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I have an ASUS P5N32Sli dlx & Enermax Liberty 620W. Got the Enermax as THG, no one else incl Enermax, listed the cable length. length very much no prob except the 8-pin atx is as far away as possible. it routed ok between the ram n cpu but i made an extension (got lotsa stuff @ www.performance-pcs.com) They ship before I even sent the order in!lol Hint - if you get this, the power leads will slide "under" the corner of the lower fan frame to get to the lower HDD cage, dont route up n over as they suggest but it is tight. I have 2 P180's n the main complaint as reviewed is one of the front doors is warped a little. This case was made for the MB - check it out.