Use tsadmin (from windows xp) to remote control

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

Hello,

Remote control is enabled in TSAdmin if I run it from a Windows 2003 server.
I installed the suport pack in my PC, but the same feature in TSAdmin is
disabled (running it as the same user).

Any idea?

Regards,
Chris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

You have to be in a remote session to perform a remote control.

Rob

See the TS FAQ at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.mspx
"Camacho, Christian" <chris@na.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Remote control is enabled in TSAdmin if I run it from a Windows 2003
> server.
> I installed the suport pack in my PC, but the same feature in TSAdmin is
> disabled (running it as the same user).
>
> Any idea?
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

You are right, I've just tried it...

But it hasn't sense, from the administrator point of view, it's illogic to
have to connect to a remote session first in order to perform a remote
control, isn't it?

Regards,

Chris

"Rob Leitman [MSFT]" <robleit@online.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> You have to be in a remote session to perform a remote control.
>
> Rob

rights.
> See the TS FAQ at

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.mspx
> "Camacho, Christian" <chris@na.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Remote control is enabled in TSAdmin if I run it from a Windows 2003
> > server.
> > I installed the suport pack in my PC, but the same feature in TSAdmin is
> > disabled (running it as the same user).
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Chris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

Sorry, it's a limitation in how remote control works.

> You are right, I've just tried it...
>

> But it hasn't sense, from the administrator point of view, it's illogic to
> have to connect to a remote session first in order to perform a remote
> control, isn't it?
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris
>

> "Rob Leitman [MSFT]" <robleit@online.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
>> You have to be in a remote session to perform a remote control.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> --
> rights.
>> See the TS FAQ at
>>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.mspx
>> "Camacho, Christian" <chris@na.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Remote control is enabled in TSAdmin if I run it from a Windows 2003
>> > server.
>> > I installed the suport pack in my PC, but the same feature in TSAdmin
>> > is
>> > disabled (running it as the same user).
>> >
>> > Any idea?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Chris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

Well, doesn't this article show you how to connect to the console in Win2003?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278845