Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services Licensing User CAL n..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services Licensing User CAL not issued
Urgent. I have available terminal services user CALS which are not issuing.
Instead temporary device CALs are issuing and about to expire.

MS Licensing number says this is a tech support issue which they cannot help with.
My existing licensing for active users expires in 4 days

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Check the EventLog.
If the TS is complaining that it cannot locate a Licensing Server,
then this should solved it:

279561 - How to Override the License Server Discovery Process in
Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279561

Is the Terminal Server (not the Licensing Server!) set to use "Per
User" licensing? The default is "Per Device".
You can check this from Administrative Tools - Terminal Services
Configuration - Server Settings
If it's set to Per Device mode, it will look for a Device TS CAL
and will not issue your Per User TS CALs.

Check this article, it explains that even after you have
switched licensing mode on the TS, your Per User TS CAL count will
not be decremented:

822134 - The Function of Terminal Server CALs in Windows Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822134

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"=?Utf-8?B?YXJlYWRmb2Y=?=" <areadfof@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:672E3396-796B-4F16-B6FF-9D13A6D2F6B9@microsoft.com:

> Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services Licensing User CAL not
> issued Urgent. I have available terminal services user CALS
> which are not issuing. Instead temporary device CALs are issuing
> and about to expire.
>
> MS Licensing number says this is a tech support issue which they
> cannot help with. My existing licensing for active users expires
> in 4 days

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

do you have register (activate) your server license?
what kind of license use for your client?
in the Terminal Server configuration what type of licensing do yuo have
selected?

Sorry for my english.

Cristian Serra
UgiDotNet - http://www.ugidotnet.org/partners/contributors.aspx?ID=4805