Newegg Order - Shipping

CommodoreRed

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Not sure why maybe tired can't find answer... you can order a bunch of things off newegg at once right? Like basically everything for a new cpu (processor, video, mobo, case, psu, fan, os, hdd, etc.)... is that the best way or order in sections?

EdrickV

Distinguished
May 2, 2005
Not entirely sure what you are asking, but you can have multiple items in your shopping cart when you checkout.

In more detail:
Ordering multiple items from one store might save on shipping. Ordering items from multiple stores, you might be able to get the best price for individual items. Can't see any benefit to ordering items individually from one store, unless you can't afford to order everything now and want to get what is available and on sale, and order the rest when you get the funds or it goes on sale. Of course, if the store doesn't have everything you want you may still end up ordering things from different stores.

CommodoreRed

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Sorry meant: Is shipping less for ordering all at once? And how does it come? I dont want my PSU for example crushed because I ordered huge case and gpu and cpu and mobo and hdd with it... really dont want to go thru returning and replacing.

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I think Commodore (I had a commodore 64 aw yeah, i could play duckshoot off a tape drive!) means is it cheaper to buy parts off newegg that to buy a full built rig. I think parts are cheaper, you might be able to order an unbuilt computer that is kind of pre- set like a package of parts and i think you might be able to get a single large package filled with what you want, surely they must do that or else your computer will arrive in dribs and drabs over a week and you will have to sign a million forms.

CommodoreRed

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
(Commodore 64 ROCK =)

Secondly, LOL no I didn't mean that at all =) I am DEFINITELY getting all the parts to build my own custom rig off of newegg. That means all the basics: CPU, GPU, MOBO, HDD, PSU, CASE, OS, RAM, DVD/CDRW Drive/etc. (no speaker monitor or anything purely rig itself)

So... I know what I want. Just not sure how to order it. All at once, or spread out. Shipping wise AND safty wise (dont want things damaged because ordered everything at once and they try and cram it all into a box)

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I have never ordered anything online before so i didn't think of it that way, if stuff is more likely to break in1 box even if it was a little more pricey i would get them all seperately.

Lilflip21

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
just order it all at once.... everything i get there comes in boxes that are entirely too big for the stuff anyways.... plus if you order it seperately you'll probabley end up getting all but one piece the same day and end up waiting just for that last thing to arrive...

EdrickV

Distinguished
May 2, 2005
Combined shipping cost may be less then it would be ordering individually. And the case would probably come in a seperate box. "Newegg.com may decide to package your items separately due to weight or size concerns." They also have multiple warehouses which can result in multiple packages for one order.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Just get it all at once.
Newegg's pretty good. I've ordered everything at once before and it comes all nicely packed. The OEM HDD was wrapped all around and taped w/ big bubble wrap and was protected quite nicely.

Never ordered an OEM processor, but I bet they'd do the same thing. They know what they're doing. Your case will probably just ship in the stock box.

Besides, then you can get all your stuff in one day and build it on the spot!!!! :D

black_dought

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I suggest *voice of experience*, that you buy it all at once if you can. I just recently, like last week have purchased the first segment of my soon to be new computer. Its very frustrating to know I cant see if everything is able to work, or IOW I dont know if my parts a dud. I was the DUD that bought the PSU and Case first, partially because they were on sale at newegg. However, I dont know if the PSU is ok and wont know until I save more money to buy the mobo and ram. I suggest buying the whole thing, but if your a student like me who has a budget and yet living off flippin top ramen, i suggest to minimize the segments no matter how ancy you get. Good luck man, oh by the way, newegg is tight and yes the shipping will be less if you buy it in bulk, on top of that I would like to add I asked for three day shipping and I got it in 2. GOOD STUFF>..

Marcus

toolfan524

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I ordered every thing on newegg on new year's weekend (mistake, it took longer to process.) Ive done the math and combined shipping cost is the same as doing it individual. UPS 3 day was like 60 freak'n bucks! They said it was all 50ibs, which seems doesnt sound right. It should all be here tommarrow, so ill let you know.

Dealerluck

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
I have ordered hundreds of items from both new egg and zipzoomfly, If the price is the same I generally go with zipzoomfly because almost everything is shipped 2nd day fed ex for FREE.