.PDF files in windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Whilst you can use Adobe Reader -- you'll still find a few issues such as viewing PDFs within a browser. I've tried this in both Chrome and Firefox using build 7100 to no avail.

I tried Foxit Reader (I have no affiliation) and it was able to view in my browsers OK.

I've covered more of the nitty gritty in my post at 4xPDF a few days ago...

debenu

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Whilst you can use Adobe Reader -- you'll still find a few issues such as viewing PDFs within a browser. I've tried this in both Chrome and Firefox using build 7100 to no avail.

I tried Foxit Reader (I have no affiliation) and it was able to view in my browsers OK.

I've covered more of the nitty gritty in my post at 4xPDF a few days ago...

Solution

jesot

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
If you download Adobe, you need to set the default program to open pdf's to Adobe.

Internet Options -> Programs -> Internet Programs -> [Set Programs] -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program

Then scroll down to pdf (it will have the Windows default utility selected), click on it, then change it to Adobe. Bing, bam, boom, done. I had problems with this and was having to download pdfs and do Open with... I did a little troubleshooting, and fixed the problem.

debenu

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Hi JoshM20,

Can you give a little more detail on what the problems were/are -- do you attempt to download the files from the web and when you double click on them -- nothing happens.

Or is when you click on them within a site, that the computer locks up of sorts and takes a ridiculous amount of time to do anything with the document.

Did you try waiting when you encountered the issues? Just to see whether they complete or not -- and the only issue being time.

That all said -- re-reading your question, I'm not sure that you're actually saying that there is a problem, perhaps just enquiring to see if there any that should prevent you from upgrading.

If that's the case, then I'd say you're pretty well catered for unless you're using something really wild and crazy.

Let me know your thoughts... and more info on this @ 4 x PDF

-Karl -

Ross2010

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Hi Karl

I have been trying for the past three days to open a (pdf) file in Window 7 without success.

But thanks to B. F. Skinner's "Operant Conditioning" Try Everything it worked for me.

Just Right Click your Mouse on the pdf file on screen and go down to "Save link as" and click.

A box will appear, click save.

The pdf file should start loading at the bottom left of screen.

When loaded click on this to open.

Hope this works for you.

Ross

h2omanget

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010

I tried this method but PDF did not even appear in the extension list!! What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS