Terminal Services and Default Printer Problems

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I am having a problem with some of my users and their
printers. When they log onto the terminal server their
printers get added, but none of them are the default
printer. This is seriously messing up the app they are
attempting to use on the terminal server. I'm getting
some errors in the event viewer as well:

Source: userenv Eventid: 1000
The Group Policy client-side extension Folder Redirection
was passed flags (0) and returned a failure status code of
(203).

Source: Folder Redirection Eventid: 111
Unable to apply folder redirection policy, initialization
failed.

Source: winlogon Eventid: 1012
The automatic certificate enrollment subsystem could not
access local resources needed for enrollment. Enrollment
will not be performed. (0x80070005) Access is denied.

Any suggestions here would help me out big time and be
greatly appreciated.

-Tia
3 answers Last reply
More about terminal services default printer problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    I too am having TS printing issues. I have a remote
    office and everyone uses TS to access main office. Our
    boss at his house has a printer that he also uses for TS
    when he logs on from home. Periodicall when a use from
    the remote office signs on, their printer attaches itself
    to the printer port of the printer in the boss's house
    (even though I know it is just to the 'device' on the TS
    server, but is really messes his printing. I have
    unchecked the printer environment buttons on user
    profiles, but no difference.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    Randy,

    I've already answered this in another thread in the same
    newsgroup. Next time, please don't post the same problem twice, we
    will all end up in a terrible mess if different posters reply to
    your two seperate threads.

    That said, here's a copy of my other post:

    If you see events about not being able to find a printer driver,
    it means that a client which such a printer model connected to
    your TS. No harm done, if the server can find a matching printer
    driver, it will not autocreate the printer.

    The problem with the "wrong" printer connected to a session means
    that at some time, someone has manually connected a printer to a
    TSxxx port. This is sure to give problems, since TSxxx ports are
    assigned dynamically to the sessions.
    This has probably been done to solve the above problem, with
    missing drivers.

    317780 - Print Jobs That Are Sent to Terminal Services Redirected
    Printers May Print on Another Client's Printer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317780

    The solution to both problems is to map local printer drivers to
    native drivers on the server, by creating a custom ntprintsubs.inf
    file.

    239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
    1105, and 1106
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "Randy" <rjohnson@hamiltonbrewart.com> wrote in news:0f5701c47b2e
    $cff5efd0$a401280a@phx.gbl:

    > I too am having TS printing issues. I have a remote
    > office and everyone uses TS to access main office. Our
    > boss at his house has a printer that he also uses for TS
    > when he logs on from home. Periodicall when a use from
    > the remote office signs on, their printer attaches itself
    > to the printer port of the printer in the boss's house
    > (even though I know it is just to the 'device' on the TS
    > server, but is really messes his printing. I have
    > unchecked the printer environment buttons on user
    > profiles, but no difference.
  3. We had the same problem. We then found TSPrint and it works great. No
    more trobule with remote desktop printing :)
    You can check it out at www.terminalworks.com/tsprint.php

Default Terminal Server Printers Windows